• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sesame Street - Don't Eat the Pictures (VHS Peservation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_noq8jrwODX1u02vego1_540.jpg

This was mine and my brother's favorite video to watch as kids. Our copy was actually taped off of the TV and has been long gone for a while. The only digital copy I knew of was a very crunchy 240p youtube version broken up into 8 minute segments.

I wanted to make a DVD version for my brother for xmas. I got a VHS from goodwill through amazon. There was a small issue with the audio syncing with my capture device I use to grab VHS, so the video needed to be resynchronized. There are a few rough spots, but over all I got it.

I also matted the video (instead of rescaling) so it is as if you are watching it on my old tv I had as a kid as a way to persevere the 4:3 format without black bars. DVD features simple kid friendly menus made from the extra scene after the end credits.

This is my first presevation project, and I hope you all like it.

tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego1_540.png

tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego3_400.png
tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego2_400.png

tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego5_250.png
tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego4_250.png
tumblr_noq9t85YyU1u02vego6_250.png

Nice idea with the old tv border. A tv within a tv. Sesame-ception. (In-sesame-tion?)

We need to go Beaker.

EDIT: Dammit, he's a Muppet.

TV's Frink said:
We need to go Beaker.

EDIT: Dammit, he's a Muppet.

I'm actually have Muppet fan edit in the works: Marry Muppet Xmas

It's very Beaker intensive. :)

[video=youtube_share;ysIzPF3BfpQ]

This looks amazing. The tv boards give it a real distinctive feel and gives me a real nostalgic tingle:)

Definitely interested in seeing the rest

Thread locked. Note to IFDb Admin, please to be removing from the database. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom