• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

serious: Is the tone in here getting too rough?

Is the FE tone too rough?

• yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • sometimes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • it is a PG-13 forum and we should mind that

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm only 18, in prime age for rampant swearing, and I have to say that (while I don't find it very offensive - just lazy) it's a lousy tone to set on a forum. There are few instances (which we never censored anyway - if we weren't okay with it occasionally we wouldn't be editing films like the Matrix trilogy) where it can be necessary, but most of the time, there's a witty way to resolve it without resorting to swearing.

In a practical world, no, I don't really mind, but in my ideal world, yes, there is a lot less swearing.

I much prefer the mellow vibe that this forum generally gives off, as long as it doesn't turn to pretension.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't got any problems with it, so for the moment "no". But I don't read every topic here, so I don't know how deep the rabbithole goes about all this stuff.

btw, I know my English is not perfect, but isn't it: Is the FE tone too rough?

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though we all very well may be potty mouthed cretins I don't think that the overall tone is too "rough". Generally we all seem to play well together and don't tend to direct hateful rage at one another, which is good.

If anyone wants to disagree with me... STFU!!! ( :p )

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, its time I chime in on this... I don't think it is getting too rough in here. I think that this is one of the best communities I have ever seen. If things start to get out of hand, the mods dont even need to be a part of it, everyone backs each other up. I think that this has initiated from the great work that boon has done to keep things civil. ...and that has just continued. Great community. Lets keep it going!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
to understand the last post fully you need to know that this guy is from the management and is paid a truck load full of money just to say things like that...

:shock:

the great work that boon has done

see? just needs some more points to climb up the ladder one more step.

just to clarify things up...

8)

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I'm still expecting my pay packet.

Boon! Where the hell is it? :twisted:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well yeah. watching birds sure doesnt pay much. I need to supplement it somehow :D

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hell yeah! just the thought of it: german capitalism has finally reached the young left-winged us citizens (at least we have one of the six of them) through the magic of the web. and it´s gonna spread like cancer. believe you me!

absolutely priceless!

:eek:

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
didn't I offer each of the staff members 5% from the Amazon payments? ;-)
And an additional 10% from the shop sales?

you guys should be swimming in money...

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it´s a question of worth, dude...

btw: thanks for the nice flat screen, boon. never thought that this would pay off so well. BUT 42 inch? really that wasn´t necessary

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keep talking like that and your password might accidentally get changed to "IMAGONNASTEALYOURFLATSCREENBITCH"

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
You never offered ME any :twisted:
well, that kind o fmakes sense, since there was nothing received yet.
In 7 months amazon did not generate enough to pay even one cheque and we sold ONE T-shirt!
so, if I add ntohing to nada, where will that get us? ;-)

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cake is always a good payment.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube:3cdfli5b]

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
well, that kind o fmakes sense, since there was nothing received yet.
In 7 months amazon did not generate enough to pay even one cheque and we sold ONE T-shirt!
so, if I add ntohing to nada, where will that get us? ;-)

So I guess that means I'm the only one in this entire hemisphere of the world with a FanEdit t-shirt! Given the size of the fanedit world (which isn't that big on a global scale - miniscule at best - but is still sizable as t-shirt fads can sometimes go) that's actually pretty cool.

I'd be pretty easy to pinpoint if you ever saw me walking around in it.

Top Bottom