• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

serious: Is the tone in here getting too rough?

Is the FE tone too rough?

• yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • sometimes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • it is a PG-13 forum and we should mind that

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lately we had to notice the tone inside the forum was getting rougher, more swearing, more sexual references, more overall vulgarity.
We would like to know how you think about that. Does it affect you in a bad way? Does it set you up? Or are you cool with it?

IMPORTANT:
only serious posts in this topic. Anyone swearing in here, making a joke about it, not taking this seriously or attacking others for their opinions in a vulgar way, will receive an official warning.

no. definitly not.

all serious matters are handled accordingly and without lack of respect. if they aren´t it is dealt with like adults do.

BUT we don´t need that all the time. so at times it just feels good to shit on the nettiquette and just say what you have to. that doesn´t include offending or insulting other members at all. if you do usually just a short amount of time will tell if you fit in or if you rather belong to a different forum. that´s all there is.

you might not know it boonshmoon :) but sometimes we guys need to rub our horns... (and let me assure you i mean that in a very male and manly way)

8)

Sometimes, but it's not too big of an issue. I have a feeling most people here have said/seen things as bad if not worse outside the forum than they do on it. The April Fools day prank got a little out of hand (though I guess it was supposed to end up like that) but other than that, things rarely get out of hand.

The April Fools day prank got a little out of hand

don´t barbeque if you can´t take the heat is what i say. besides that tek is right :things rarely get out of hand...cos the community is a good one...

i voted to "not care" but really it just isn't going to bother me.

now if it starts to bother OTHER people than that probably is important...

The swearing doesn't bother me at all, after all this is the way people talk must of the time amongst their friends. So I think that it's a good sign that we can swear and not be bothered about it. I actually like creative swearing - it adds spice to life.

The April 1st joke was going a bit to far in my opinion - it was cruel towards all the members who care a lot about this forum and community. but I'm a sensitive guy, so maybe It's just me...

I enjoy my time in here, so I don't think this forum should change. Well, the only thing that really bothers me is the lack of women with big behinds on the babes thread... :)

as for the swearing i personally don't mind because in real life i have a filthy mouth. As for the april fool's joke it really wasn't that bad people. After the various things this site has gone through in the past if that is the worst thing that happens this year we should consider ourselves lucky.

Actually i think this place is fine, ive never seen the integration of trash/serious talk done any better than it is here, we have threads like 'Childish Swearing', 'Male Posturing' & 'Rip the Hell out of each others Avatars' where things can get pretty heated in a non serious manner and then theres the rest of off topic which is almost 100% polite, friendly and a joy to read.

the reason why i think it works well is because nearly all the peeps who post here are pretty mature and know when things are likely to get out of hand or are intelligent enough to know when NOT to post something.

if it aint broke, why try to fix it...

coming to think about it i just realized that nomarch and ghostcut brought the filthy language in here...

:shock:

before them it was all lovely and peaceful discussion!

@AvP: Dude, you should know best: is this some brits thing or do they come from some kind of ghetto?

:lol:

Hey, I only started it. :twisted:

...and please put another ´o´ in the thread title...

Heinrich said:
coming to think about it i just realized that nomarch and ghostcut brought the filthy language in here...

I think we should both be banned immediately :wink:

btw was there a specific incident that started this thread? as im pretty sure there hasnt been a word typed in anger here for quite a while.

KBM was in the chat...

*ducks*

and he said he felt a bit uncomfortable with it.

rumours say that KBM is even older than our board metusalem boon. can you believe that? it´s like the two of them only need two more guys their age and they could form a rolling stones cover band!

maybe we should go easy on the old folks around. respect their feelings and all...

:)

or maybe adjust the medication... :)

Heinrich said:

before them it was all lovely and peaceful discussion!

@AvP: Dude, you should know best: is this some brits thing or do they come from some kind of ghetto?

:lol:

yea i think they come from some ghetto!

do you mind! i live in Gloucestershire for gods sake :x :lol:

I haven't noticed anything on the forum that has concerned me. I used to visit the NME forum & I swear to god you'd post one topic & a couple of comments later the insults & swearing would go into overdrive. It was brilliant at first cause I let that sort of thing fly over my head, but to be honest the whole thing became boring. After a while you want to stop swearing & actually have a proper discussion. Something I glad to say which I can find at this forum... most of the time. :-D

So I think this forum is perfectly polite & gentle.

Heinrich, the answer to you're question is BOTH. :smile:

We Brits take great pride in our swearing & have developed it into an art form. That's why I don't swear on this forum, because if I wrote how I talked you'd probably try & have me committed. :lol:

so, will everyone not keeping this thread serious be given warnings? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom