• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Serenity Chronicles III: Revelations by musiced921 (PM FOR LINKS)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The epic conclusion:

1 small trim

All "finished" deleted and extended scenes added back in and scored

130 Minutes

Soon.....very soon.....

UPDATE: The final chapter has been released. PM me for links.

Thank you to [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION] for his support and eyes on this project. He helped me every step of the way and I appreciate the time he took to watch each entry and give me a rundown of what worked and what didn't.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! I just introduced my wife to Serenity last night. It's a fantastic movie, in some ways even superior to the series. But I've yet to watch the deleted/extended scenes.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made the mistake of watching the film before the series and I found sequences cool, but I didn't have the emotional investment in the characters, of course I later rectified that error and it was much more enjoyable.

Can't wait to see the restored scenes. Though it means not watching my recent (dvd replacing) blu rays for a while longer.

maxgremlin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As always can't wait to see it. Been loving the previous 2.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
6kqK6C.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From my IFDB review:

And so it ends.....

SERENITY, in of itself, is a near perfect piece of entertainment. Thus, MusicEd has wisely made only one small cut (along with new opening and closing title cards) that I noticed and increased the goodness of this movie by inserting almost all of the deleted/extended scenes (adding music and/or audio fx). He has created a richer and more fulfilling experience that wonderfully concludes his Chronicles Trilogy.

Little else needs to be said other than, watch this fan edit and be entertained.

Awesome work Ed!

THUMBS UP!

:thumb:

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
From my IFDB review:

And so it ends.....

SERENITY, in of itself, is a near perfect piece of entertainment. Thus, MusicEd has wisely made only one small cut (along with new opening and closing title cards) that I noticed and increased the goodness of this movie by inserting almost all of the deleted/extended scenes (adding music and/or audio fx). He has created a richer and more fulfilling experience that wonderfully concludes his Chronicles Trilogy.

Little else needs to be said other than, watch this fan edit and be entertained.

Awesome work Ed!

THUMBS UP!

:thumb:

Thank you for the kind words Bob. I am just glad that I was able to complete what crashed hard drives hindered others from completing. I am proud of how it all turned out and you being the Nolan to my Snyder helped make this work better than if I had tackled it on my own without someone over seeing it.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you like Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, or spaghetti westerns, Watch This please! Really fantastic work, ed. These edits aren't getting like 9.9's for nothing...

Review on ifdb:
Bottom line: If you like sci fi, please give this edit a try, you won't regret it. It is Amazing! This is a cult tv show-- few people knew it as well as the other big sci fi shows, but is it better? Yes. From the director of the Avengers.

Review- I missed the entire Firefly run when it was out but my dad's a fan so I decided to check this out. It was fantastic. I love TV-to-movie edits because, when done right, they tell the core story of the series without being bogged down by the commercial motivation all TV shows have to keep expanding/adding fluff to meet a series quota. Entertaining, well acted, and well paced, this is an edit anyone who likes good sci fi should catch. It is reminiscent simultaneously of Battlestar Galactica and spaghetti westerns, and thats as good as you can get. Nathan Fillion is great in it as well as the rest of the cast.

This edit is done perfectly, it captures the essence of a solid sci fi show, and I bought the series just to watch and recommend this musiced's work here. Highest recommendation for this trilogy! Congrats man.
Kris

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm curious why this is listed as a "FanFix" instead of an "Extended Edition".

musiced921 said:
1 small trim

All "finished" deleted and extended scenes added back in and scored

Time Cut: 0 minutes
Time Added: 11 minutes

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think tho technically an ee by itself, the fact it's in direct continuity with a larger firefly trilogy he made might justify the fanfix. Like njvcs batman trilogy they're meant to be watched one after the other. But alone, yea technically an ee

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I filled out my submission form, I had asked that question in the notes section. I wasn't sure if it would be considered an extended edition because I changed the title and trimmed the last few seconds of the movie.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
When I filled out my submission form, I had asked that question in the notes section. I wasn't sure if it would be considered an extended edition because I changed the title and trimmed the last few seconds of the movie.
Regardless, nice work on the edit

Denun

Reaction score
Trophy Points
watched the whole "saga"... terrific !!!!
good work musiced921

guys you have to see it :D

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Denun said:
watched the whole "saga"... terrific !!!!
good work musiced921

guys you have to see it :D

Thank you! If you can, please leave a review on IFDB.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@funkiller thank you for your review. I believe I included a warning about the lower quality deleted scenes before the movie starts. Maybe one day I’ll revisit this edit using higher quality footage and attempting a cleanup of the deleted scenes.

Top Bottom