• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Seamless branching

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I was thinking of doing two endings for a particular edit. I know DVD Lab has the option to do it, and I have the general idea of how to set it up.

Three videos:
- the main movie up until the section where the ending would branch
- ending one
- ending two

Menu: some sort of menu that lets you choose the ending that will branch near the end. I know it's been done here before. Anyone have a relatively simple tutorial for doing so?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon will know. That's exactly what he did in his Red Dragon edit.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You need to make a two playlists, then you link each menu link to the playlist you want to play.

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My new fanedit has a branching option. Here's how I did it in DVDlab.

Branch3 is exactly the same as movie 18. Movie 16/17 are the scenes the viewer can choose between. And movie 20 is the end of the film.

So creating a button and linking it to movie 18 will play option one, and linking to brach 3 plays option 2.

I used this method because I couldn't get my chapter points accurate enough to make a playlist that would work well.

However using this method means that if you use chapter skip, you can only navigate within the movie that is playing. If you put a chapter point at the end of the first video, then navigating forward isn't a problem. However to go back you would have to go back through the main menu.

Hope that made sense and can be of use to you.

Top Bottom