• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Scream - The Giallo Cut

I love Scream and this is one of the movies I remember actually owning on VHS. However I'm not really familiar with Giallo. The opening scene rescored was excellent as were the opening credits and font style.

Overall the rescoring of the film worked well. Although I must admit, I missed not having the cover of "Don't Fear the Reaper" in the movie. But my disappointment was balanced out by the "sort of" inclusion of "Red Right Hand". Nice boob shot :p and 58:22 was a nice touch!

In the age of HD and big screens etc., suprisingly, the VHS style did not bother me. I very quickly adjusted to it and I was able to just enjoy the fanedit.

*Also, watch all the way to the end of the credits people!*

Thanks for the review Gatos!

Gatos said:
*Also, watch all the way to the end of the credits people!*

Heh heh. Just wait for the end credits of Scream 2.

Honestly, I downloaded this way back when it was originally released and although I thought the concept was cool I couldn't really get into it, and I didn't want to be a dick and give it 3/10 or something like that so I digressed...it obviously wasn't meant for me...

Anyway I rewatched this a couple of nights ago and I haven't seen Scream in a while and...I don't know, I just felt like I could accept a fanedit of Scream more than before (IMO scream1&2 are perfect movies) I like to echo another reviewer by saying that the faneditor should have cut more of the meta stuff, just to get rid of the satire and make it more giallo. It would have helped me separate this from Scream more and thereby enjoying it more. Also I thought that the music from the point Billy got “stabbed” became distracting. It’s hard to explain, it was like; here is the movie and here is the added music, and it didn’t match, that what I felt. Maybe it’s because I’m so used to how the original cut sounds like. That’s my two complains, the rest is awesome, especially the credits at the beginning (actually if I hadn’t seen the source before I would have probably crapped myself at that point. With it being vhs and all it just made it so spooky)

Such a simple idea yet so groundbreaking! More VHS fanedits that’s what we need!

Thanks for the review steFANedit! I definitely agree with your critiques, especially about the finale music. I know what I was going for and I really liked it for a while since it was so different than what you would expect but now I shake my head Lesson learned, don't edit the finale last.

Scream 2 fanedit will cut the meta aspect down more.

And with me you (or anybody for that matter) never has to worry about giving a 3/10 review. I can take it. Love it or hate it, I'm just happy people are watching it.

I took the 2/10 review I got and made it my wallpaper ;)

TV's Frink said:
I took the 2/10 review I got and made it my wallpaper ;)

the force is strong with this one.

Neglify said:
Scream 2 fanedit will cut the meta aspect down more.
I think Scream 2 is my favorite of the two. It's way more cleaver and funnier and also I get more enjoyment out of re-watching that one (it was also the first one I saw, had no idea what they were talking about at the end) I don't know if it will be difficult to get rid of some of the meta though because
WHAT THE HECK?! THE MOVIE IS 16 YEARS OLD! BUT YOU NEVER KNOW SO....
Mickey's motive are that he's making a real life sequel. Also he's going to blame the movies for his actions.
getting rid of the meta that's good news. It will separate it more and also, with the added VHS look, make it more serious* (I originally watch scream2 on vhs, like fifty eleven times [I'm not kidding] and I can't remember the image looking any worse then on dvd. lol funny how the mind scrambles things...)

I WANT A GENERATION 4 VHS COPY GODDAMMIT

I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a video I made last year near the end of editing Urlo, a side-by-side comparison between the Theatrical Cut and Director's Cut of Scream. Theatrical source was the BD and Director's Cut was my VHS that blueyoda captured.

The DVD for this has been uploaded to Mega, look to Info for the hookup.

Neglify said:
The DVD for this has been uploaded to Mega, look to Info for the hookup.

Hi just watched this. Incredible!! I loved your choice of music and the look was awesome. Totally infused the film with a new meaning. Left a review on IFDB. Really enjoyed this one man. Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I don't know where else to post this: Is the Scream 2 cut still happening?

At this moment, no. We'll see what happens in the future.

That's a relief because I loved the opening for it. A giallo cut for 4 would be difficult, though.

Thanks to [MENTION=29061]Linten1[/MENTION] for the review. :) Even if you didn't enjoy it, I still appreciate that you took the time to leave an honest review.

Thanks for the review [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION]!

Left a pretty glowing review of this one, but perhaps this is the best compliment:
b88b47c62367dcff340e6abec52e2a96.jpg

Edit: "fucking perfect" was 100% pun intended FYI

:love:

Thanks for that awesome review man! I agree that the music at the end wasn't the best choice. I might do a "Remastered Version" in the future, as I got my hands on a decent Japanese DVD of the Director's Cut. If I do that I'll definitely look to improve the music selection at the end, as well as fix some of the choppy audio editing that bugs me.

And "fucking perfect" was a fucking perfect pun.

I'm in there like swimwear for a V2. That song was literally the only thing that didn't work for me audio-wise. The couple times the transitions were noticeable it felt very much in line with the film. But believe me, I can still tell you every transition that bugs me on everything I've ever done, so I get it.

Glad the @"beezo"ian podcasterites visited this one.

any of you newer membaz who haven't seen/heard of this edit, nota effing bene: PM the heck out of neg's inbox to get a hold of it. it's supersweet.

Back
Top Bottom