• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scream 3 - The Extended Threequel

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh you know the usual small talk. "What's new?" "How you been?" "How do you wanna die?"

Boo! The last entry in the trilogy, before the series became a 6-part epic saga! Or 7, we'll see how it goes.

This one is a little more significant than 2 and 5, as there is a new alternate opening and ending, and a few other things in there.

There's 2 alternate openings, so I've opted to go for the one that is as different to the theatrical one as possible.

ADDITIONS:

- cut Ghostface chasing Cotton's girlfriend around their apartment, as to match continuity with the alternate opening
- added alternate Ghostface encounter with Cotton, as he explores his apartment alone instead of with his girlfriend as happens in the theatrical cut, with some new spooks
- rescored this entire section as the DVD included no music at all
- added alternate shot from the other alternate opening, and rotoscoped a new background to fit the continuity of it's new placement
- added new scene with Sarah Darling arriving at the studio, with security tightened after the latest attack
- extended scene as someone stalks Sarah Darling through the studio
- added new scene with the cast of Stab 3 discussing who Ghostface is this time
- added alternate ending with different editing, exposition and action
- edited a character out of the epilogue as they now die in the alternate ending

Theatrical - 1:56:55
Extended - 1:58:19

38s1m0m.png

So apparently there's an "Assembly Cut" of Scream 3 out there with deleted scenes re-intergrated:

edit: not only did the tweet have a download link but it was apparent a fully new different workprint with numerous scene from the film not released before. Perhaps with thisand the 4K release, a new fanedit is in the works?

Last edited:
So apparently there's an "Assembly Cut" of Scream 3 out there with deleted scenes re-intergrated:

edit: not only did the tweet have a download link but it was apparent a fully new different workprint with numerous scene from the film not released before. Perhaps with thisand the 4K release, a new fanedit is in the works?
I saw some of this. The unused opening scene is great! I'd love to see it remastered.

I saw some of this. The unused opening scene is great! I'd love to see it remastered.
Haven't fully seen it yet but from my understanding, it actually fixes a crapton of the issues the film has....... it's also fully in B&W.

I have been looking at the recently released Assembly Cut, but if I do anything with it, it'll be something seperate from this one.

Lots of cool stuff in there too!

Back
Top Bottom