• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Scooby-Doo: Spooky Island Special Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lIKBItB.png

Any Scooby-Doo fans around? No? Anywho, I've made an extended edition of the first live-action film. The scenes aren't of the best quality but I've done my best to upscale them to 1080p and colour correct them, but the contrast is far too high and the blacks are crushed mostly. But the scenes look okay next to the HD footage. Definitely not seamless, but pretty okay.

bBGt0Dq.png

shcOxJQ.png

x7UHcVt.png

QxX4jqb.png

oF7H2Ph.png

fxzaWg1.png

The film was originally R-rated when shown to the MPAA, but according to writer James Gunn was due to a misinterpreted joke, however the script was still written and shot as a PG-13, as a more adult oriented film with stoner jokes, lesiban references and a drunken song. This was mostly cut in editing, as some of this footage shows up on the DVD, and put back here.

ADDITIONS
- added new animated credits sequence
- added flashbacks showing where Mystery Inc has been during the 2 year time jump
- added somewhat of a musical montage as the characters explore the island for the first time
- added Velma singing a song to the crowd at the Spooky Hotel bar and resturant
- added Daphne meeting up with the possessed Velma
- added Shaggy witnessing Daphne getting her soul removed
- Added Scooby trying to fool his kidnappers

Theatrical - 1:26:34
Spooky Island Special Edition - 1:36:46

rMSxPtZ.png

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice to see this film included here. Wasn't a favourite of mine, but it's the only piece of 21st century SD media to ever do anything with Scrappy Doo. :dodgy:

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Nice to see this film included here. Wasn't a favourite of mine, but it's the only piece of 21st century SD media to ever do anything with Scrappy Doo. :dodgy:

Apart from making fun of him (e.g. his statue cameo in Mystery Incorported).

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
Zarius said:

Apart from making fun of him (e.g. his statue cameo in Mystery Incorported).

He also cameoed in Harvey Birdman (being killed by his hawk) but that was an ensemble thing

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have seen this film once and only once, and I happened to watch it the day after they found Saddam Hussein hiding in a bunker. You could imagine my surprise at the film's ending.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boy, I'd love to see the original R-rated version of this nostalgic favourite someday.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will always prefer Zombie Island, which this movie seemed to take a lot of plot points from, but this is a nice oddity to see here.

Louche

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used to watch this movie on dvd and try to skip to the deleted scenes at the appropriate time.
basically the most primitive fan edit ever

Top Bottom