• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Science of Star Wars

A

AvP

sosw_front.jpg

by AvP
What is it about? A look at such scientific aspects of the `Star Wars' films as lasers, space-age transportation, robotics and artificial intelligence.

new film name: Science of Star Wars: War, Weapons and the Force
edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Edit Was Released: 22/11/09
Runtime:49 minutes

Fanedit details:

Author: AvP
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/16.9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1

Description:
We haven't yet made a clone army, but we're getting there. From the Future Force Warrior (FFW-Army) to the Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton (BLEEX), we are equipping our fighters with clone trooper-like gear. Laser blasters being tested by the U.S. military are directed-energy weapons that use a laser beam to send an electric charge to the object of our disaffections. If that doesn't do the job, the Close Quarters Shock Rifle projects ionized gas or plasma at the subject -- neutralizing a whole group of mobile attackers and killing their electronic ignition getaway systems at the same time. Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.

Main Feature:

- Science of Star Wars: War, Weapons and the Force

- motion menu

DVD ROM

- Cover art

Hardware and software information:

* AVS Script
* Adobe Photoshop CS4
* Adobe After Effects CS4
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas 7
* TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
* VirtualDub-MPEG2

Special thanks to:

ThrowgnCpr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sosw_mm_front.jpg

by AvP
What is it about? A look at such scientific aspects of the `Star Wars' films as lasers, space-age transportation, robotics and artificial intelligence.

new film name: Science of Star Wars: Man and Machine
Date Edit Was Released: 22/12/09

Fanedit details:

Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0

Description:

Droids, bots, and artificial intelligence -- coming soon to rule the world. Right now, robots can clean the house, walk the dog, and identify lifesigns in the rubble of an earthquake. Soon, droids will replace astronauts on dangerous spacewalks and may even act as flying astromech droids to people living in space. How soon will it be before your mother has an unmanned drone to figure out what you're doing all day? Forget about Big Brother -- can the school principal use probe droids to patrol the hallways? Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.

Main Feature:

- Science of Star Wars: Man and Machine

- motion menu

DVD ROM

- Cover art

* AVS Script
* Adobe Photoshop CS4
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas 7
* TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
* TSSplitter
* VirtualDub-MPEG2

Special thanks to:

ThrowgnCpr
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sosw_sc_front.jpg

by AvP

new film name: Science of Star Wars: Space Cowboys
Date Edit Was Released: 24/12/09

Fanedit details:

Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0

Description:
How soon will we all be driving our own hovercrafts to work? Various vehicles that use air as a cushion to glide over ground or water are still in prototype stages. HyWire cars (hydrogen and by wire) that use a skateboard chassis are here today, complete with technology that allows the car to "sense" traffic patterns or danger ahead. Electromagnetic force charges a train that can go faster than 250 miles per hour without touching the track. What will be the new hot rods of the future? And will they have gonzo paint schemes? Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.

Main Feature:

- Science of Star Wars: Space Cowboys

- motion menu

DVD ROM

- Cover art

* AVS Script
* Adobe Photoshop CS4
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas 7
* TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
* VirtualDub-MPEG2

Special thanks to:

ThrowgnCpr

nice one!!! cant wait to have a look. sounds like it was a really nice source. be cool if you could get the other 2 eps. thanks for this one!

Thanks...yes that be cool,actually theres four episodes;

Science of Star Wars: Man and Machines
Science of Star Wars: Space Cowboys
Science of Star Wars: War, Weapons and the Force
Science of Star Wars: Animal Icons: Star Wars Creatures

the 4th one (animal icons) isn't exactly in the same series, though it aired around the same time. All of these were at one time released by Angrysvn, though I don't think he had HD sources, like you did for the first episode. I have 3 of the 4. I am missing war weapons and the force (iirc). been trying to track it down for a while, with no luck. Be fantastic if you get the set in the same quality.

i got Space Cowboys and Animal Icons: Star Wars Creatures by Angrysvn but they are letterboxed....ill see what quality be like converting to widescreen.

sounds good. I know I would be interested in the results :)

seems like I enjoy these star wars docs as much as the movies (and more than the prequels) ;D

3D-6.jpg

Just come across Space Cowboys in HD and thanks to none he has provided a HD cap of Man and Machine and they have bin converted to DVD and being uploaded now.

lol, sorry. i did a bad job with christmas gifts this year...

3 disc combo cover, please? I'd do it myself but I don't know where you got the original background artwork.

AvP said:
i got Space Cowboys and Animal Icons: Star Wars Creatures by Angrysvn but they are letterboxed....ill see what quality be like converting to widescreen.

You ever try to convert that Animal Icons doc to widescree? if so how did it look?

Back
Top Bottom