• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Say Anything... Extended Edition

Well, you blackmailed my cat, neg. you don't leave a man many options. :p

Torrent made for the DVD5. Submitted to Info.

I love this movie and really want to see this extended cut. I have really gotten in to fan edits and think this would make a very fine one.

As far as I'm concerned up until Vanilla Sky Cameron Crowe could do no wrong. Say Anything... isn't my favourite of the bunch - IMO Almost Famous is a flat-out masterpiece - but it's still a funny, warm, infectious movie.

I enjoyed this extended edition a lot. Perhaps not all the scenes are strictly necessary (the unpleasant smoking woman who talks to Lloyd outside during the meal, for instance) but the accumulative effect of the extra scenes is definitely positive - it deepens our understanding of the characters and the world. Most of the scenes that were originally cut are serious character beats, which when added back subtly change the largely comic first half into a more serious, though never heavy coming-of-age movie. I also found the John Mahoney character slightly more sympathetic, which is no bad thing.

As others have mentioned, the deleted scenes have slightly lower video and audio quality, but it's not a big deal. My only wish would be that the AVI (the version I watched, via Mediafire) used the x264 codec rather than xvid - but then I suppose the deleted scenes would have stood out even more if the video quality was improved.

Thanks for doing this edit Neglify. It's really good stuff.

Thanks for the review Yads! Glad you dug this one.

No worries. I dug it a lot.

This has been uploaded to Mega, DLCs submitted to Info.

My review from IFDB:

Say Anything is one of my all-time favorites from the 80's. I really enjoyed this edit, but not for any of the usual reasons. I was very interested in seeing the additional scenes and I can very well see why they were excised by the original editors. The theatrical version was well balanced and the cuts were well thought out. This edit really makes me appreciate the film editors craft. I really wish Neglify would have used the alternate scenes that he didn't have the nerve to use, just to see a greater contrast with the theatrical version.

The editing itself seemed well done, given the source material. Obviously, the deleted scenes were noticeable for their lack of audio and video quality, but Neglify did extremely well in making it as seamless as possible.

I do not intend this review as any sort of slam on the fan editor. On the contrary, I appreciate what he did. It gives me a greater understanding of this 80's classic and the art of film editing.

Thanks for the review dude! I appreciate that you took the time to watch and review, the numbers don't matter, so thank you. I suppose I could have made more of a workprint cut, using all the alt. footage like you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom