• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Say Anything... Extended Edition

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Faneditor Name: Neglify
Original Movie Title: Say Anything…
Genre: Comedy; Romance
Tagline: To know Lloyd Dobler is to love him. Diane Court is about to know Lloyd Dobler.
Fanedit Type: Extended Edition

Original Release Date: 1989
Original Running Time: 100 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: October 2012
Fanedit Running Time: 125 minutes
Time Cut: 2 minutes
Time Added: 27 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
An improbable couple meets after high school graduation and must deal with their friends, family, and other pressures just to stay together.

Finally, a fanedit you don't have to force your wife or girlfriend to watch.

Intention:
To add in the deleted and extended scenes to one of my favorite movies. In doing that, some of the character arcs feel more rounded out.

Editing Details:
At first I contemplated doing a kitchen sink Extended Edition, adding every deleted or extended scene and using alternate takes. In the end I chickened out on the alternate takes (there is 1 alternate scene) as I couldn’t cut some of the iconic moments.

The original audio for the deleted scenes are in 2.0 and some of the sound mixing a little rough. The final audio for the edit is 5.1. In some of the scenes I added some 5.1 ambience/music tracks but not all of them.

Cuts and Additions:
Cut –

Lloyd in the rain on the phone with Constance. Replaced it with the version in the Alternate Scenes.

Added –

Deleted Scenes:
Mr. Deegan at Party
Corey Sings “He Hurts Me”
Court in Front of City Council Meeting
“Cool English Road Tape”
Diane Looks For Lloyd
Agent Sims in Eva’s Room
Lloyd Giving Advice to Girl

Montage of Love Clips – I only added the scenes of Lloyd and the elderly. I didn’t add the kissing in the rain extended take.

Sims Questions Court At The Home – Only the second half was added.

(I did not add “Love Birds in Bed”.)

Extended Scenes:
Graduation
Joe and Corey in Garage
Taking Mike Home
Talk About England in Car Ride Home
Diane Takes Lloyd on Tour of Her Work
Dinner Party and Smoke on Front Porch
Seafood Restaurant
Diane Breaks Up With Lloyd in Car
Lloyd Driving Home
IRS Office
Gas ‘n Sip
Attorney’s Office

Mike in Toilet – I cut the end of this.

Alternate Scenes I Didn’t Have The Nerve To Use:
Lloyd & Diane Outside Karate Studio
Diane in Bedroom
Lloyd with Boombox
Additional Notes:
Like a lot of deleted scenes, these aren’t the greatest quality. Nothing terrible but they’re noticeable. And I had to repeat a shot when cutting in one deleted scene. If I hadn't said anything, would anyone have noticed? Will anyone watch this?

Special Thanks:
njvc for being an awesome musician.

Release Details
NTSC DVD-5
AVI

Cover Art

Download Art

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
The audio for the deleted scenes are in 2.0 and some of the sound mixing a little rough. In some of the scenes I added some 5.1 ambience/music tracks but not all of them.

How can you have 2.0 and 5.1 sound on the same audio track? :-?

Neglify said:
Corey Sings “He Hurts Me”

Is it weird that the first thing that popped into my head when I read "He Hurts Me" is Junior from Friday The 13th: A New Beginning riding his dirtbike around the house, crying, and saying "He hurt me ma! He really hurt me!" ?

Neglify said:

That disc art is really sweeeeet!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
How can you have 2.0 and 5.1 sound on the same audio track? :-?

The 2.0 track (which is 95% dialogue, 5% ambience) goes in the center channel. Ambience music or sounds go in the Front and Rear channels.

Frantic Canadian said:
That disc art is really sweeeeet!

Thanks. :) Download the full cover art to see some of the titles of the tapes better.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warning: do NOT play the below video!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice trailer! Nice disc label too.

music touched my vagina :lol:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Count me in. Awesome dude. Love finding surprises like this.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eeenteresting, dude. didn't see the original, so this should be a surprise through and through.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks ssj, I hope you like it. And hey, what do you know, it's a fanedit you can watch with your wife.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome, man. it's mystifying to me, but she likes chick flicks.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
AVI is on Mediafire, should be on Info soon. Also will upload DVD and AVI to Usenet in the coming days.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD was taken off Mediafire. Won't reupload to Mediafire. Will upload to Rapidshare, Usenet and Megashares.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gloubiboulga... Extended Edition.

wait... did I misunderstand the thread's title? ;)

And now I re quote the last neglify's post because I don't want my silly comment to ruin the news:
DVD was taken off Mediafire. Won't reupload to Mediafire. Will upload to Rapidshare, Usenet and Megashares.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Say Anything Extended Edition A Neglify Fanedit DVD5" has been uploaded to Usenet. NZB submitted to Info, should be up soon.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Say Anything Extended Edition A Neglify Fanedit AVI" is now on Usenet. NZB has been submitted to Info.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
about 40 min in, and i'm really enjoying this. how did i miss this movie back in the day?

oh, yeah, i was studying.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rebue:

This is a charming movie that gets its charm upgraded by the addition of multiple deleted scenes. The added footage is notably different in visual quality (lighting, graininess) but tonally fits the rest of the film by allowing you to see better where the characters are in their emotional journey. Fine performances by all the cast and very little cliche make this romance more than a mere teen romcom, and Neg's version fleshes out the characters to make a likable movie even moar likabler.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks a lot for the review ssj. :) Glad I could get you watch that movie.

Top Bottom