• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SAGA OF THE APES (4 Planet of the Apes films in 1)

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the discussion of the Apes franchise in another thread I got interested in this edit. I love the original movie but in my opinion the sequels are just ok. By mixing them together I was much happier with them. I do wonder why the movie was split into two parts. For my own rewatching purposes I concatenated them cutting the end credits from the first movie and opening credits from the second and cross fading the crashing waves over the juncture. I also removed the "vol 1" subtext in the title card.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fans of the short lived 70s tv series should love this.....:thumb:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank the Lawgiver his name is only Rocky!  If his name had been  Aldo or Milo, we could be in real trouble in a few years.... lol.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @"Silver Screen Samurai" for taking the time to post a review.  
It is very much appreciated.   :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since I seem to be back in the editing game (at least for the time being) I thought I would re-upload some of my past edits that I still on occasion receive requests for....

Volume One of SAGA OF THE APES is now available again.

I will upload Volume Two next week.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Volume Two once again available... ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @Wraith for taking the time to post a review.

Of the fan edits I did, SAGA of the APES, is the one closest to my heart and it is very nice to see that it still seems to work for viewers.
:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@drvrjon Thanks You for the review. This is still the fan edit I am most proud of after all these years.

And the fact, you say this fan edit was the gateway to peaking your son's interest in now exploring the original classic movies, fills me with great joy!!! 😁

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU @SutterKane for your review...

...and I love you right back, man! 😁

Seriously, it makes me very happy that after 10 years, this fan edit still seems to garner attention and positive reactions from viewers.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@lantern51 THANK YOU so much for your posted review and the fan edit gave your a greater appreciate for the classic POTA franchise. :)

Sorry if the mulit-screen method was not to your tastes, but I did it for three reasons;
one, of course, to help get the runtime down as much as possible
two, show the narrative parallels between the various movies
and three, to be an homage to multi-screen style movies the 60s and 70s that I loved so much growing up.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@lantern51 THANK YOU so much for your posted review and the fan edit gave your a greater appreciate for the classic POTA franchise. :)

Sorry if the mulit-screen method was not to your tastes, but I did it for three reasons;
one, of course, to help get the runtime down as much as possible
two, show the narrative parallels between the various movies
and three, to be an homage to multi-screen style movies the 60s and 70s that I loved so much growing up.
Yeah, it gave homage for sure, it was well executed, just wasn't my personal taste. It was an awesome edit though and I will have to check out others for sure!
Maybe an even split screen? IDK... maybe I was traumatized by Ang Lee's HULK LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@FrameSniffer THANK YOU so much for your review.

I scored the narrative as a 9 because I tended to focus on one of the sequences when the multi-cam was in play and there was an action scene in progress.. Especially the riot sequences. I felt I missed some important imagery from the story being played out on the cam I wasn’t focusing on.

That's more than fair and very understandable. This is very much a Pause/Rewind style fan edit.
It is over stuffed with visual imagery/easter eggs. Hopefully, if one watches it more than once they will discover something new each time. :)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Weren’t we all??? :LOL:LOL
There was a time when I was obsessed with this movie. I would constantly talk about how it was a cinematic masterpiece. I had dug up an old promotional shirt from back when my mother worked at a movie theater, and would wear it all the time and draw attention to it. Just nonstop Hulk 2003. Great times.

I never actually watched it.

Top Bottom