• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SAGA OF THE APES (4 Planet of the Apes films in 1)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A THANK YOU to new forum member [MENTION=24937]Pabs[/MENTION] for taking the time to post a review.

The use of multiple screens is powerful and effective. The only constructive criticism I am going to share is in the audio editing department. There were some missed opportunities during the multiple screens sequences where overlapping soundtracks could have made the experience more powerful...but that's about it.

I actually did experiment with this idea, but found it more conflicting and distracting than enhancing. But I am happy you over all enjoyed the experience. :)

urko67

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am new here and never even knew stuff like this existed. I found out about it on a star wars documentary, and came looking for episode 1 but the ape movies are my favorite of all time. how can i see this?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
urko67 said:
I am new here and never even knew stuff like this existed. I found out about it on a star wars documentary, and came looking for episode 1 but the ape movies are my favorite of all time. how can i see this?
Check your PM.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to [MENTION=24770]RollWave[/MENTION] for taking the time to post a review.

It is always greatly appreciated. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Newest tv spot! This looks amazing!!!!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That spot makes me desperate to see the new film. I wonder how much they'll speak.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
I wonder how much they'll speak.

Good question! The sequel takes place about 10 years later... is that long enough for the other apes to mutate and learn speech?

So far I am loving this marketing campaign, teasing just enough through imagery but not revealing any real plot points of the main feature.... a rarity these days!

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review to come soon for Saga of the Apes. I honestly have never seen any of the old series before. So this shall be interesting. And really the only Apes movie I've seen is the Burton version. Be interesting since I'm gonna watch the edit first then watch the originals afterwards.

And still have yet to see Rise of Planet of the Apes. Can't seem to track that movie down, it's been eluding me for quite some time now. And the previews I've seen for DoTPotA looks really awesome.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
...the only Apes movie I've seen is the Burton version.

So then you have never actually seen an APES movie....:p:)

Seriously, watch the originals first... they are CLASSICS! Great storytelling filled with satire and social commentary. Though they were marketed as Family Adventure Films, which shocks me today since they are very, very dark movies, these films have a timeless appeal because the issues they deal with never gone away.

The Burton movie, while amazing to look at, never understood this. His movie is completely devoid of the scathing examination of the nature of Humanity that made the originals so captivating.

RISE is a brilliant reboot. Balancing the action adventure that today`s modern audiences demand with some well thought out and argued social political observations.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES -- just saw it! Best damn movie of the summer!!! Go see it NOW!!!!

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I...just might! I was quite impressed with the last one, actually.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
I...just might! I was quite impressed with the last one, actually.

Go!!! You will not regret it. I posted a mini-spoiler free review in the MOVIES thread. :D

SmellySkunk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Going to see it today ^_^

[edit] It was very enjoyable, the CGI is totally amazing these days !!! [/edit]

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rodr.jpg

Top Bottom