• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SAGA OF THE APES (4 Planet of the Apes films in 1)

If people are still having trouble with Jdownloader, try updating and/or downloading the latest beta version AND updating that as well!

I downloaded the beta version 2 days ago and was still having issues... Tonight I checked and there were 55 updates! So I updated the beta and bingo, tonight I was able to grab a lot of the files I had previously had problems with.

As of now, the only files of Bob's that Jdownloader can't seem to resolve are for the CYBORG pilot.

Anyway, as Bob himself suggested, keep trying and update often!

And ask Bob to re-upload everything to Usenet :)

From one Ape Fan to another, "Thank You" Carrion Idol for your review. :)

So I downloaded the RAR files but it's asking me for a password, cant seem to find it anywhere. Am I missing something?

Most common password: fanedit.org

If that don't work, PM BionicBob

Yep. That's the Word.

Thanks Neg.

Just wanted to THANK YOU Spicediver for taking the time to post a review.

Always appreciated. At this time I have no plans of uploading alternate viewing methods of this edit, but if anyone else wants to they have my permission. :)

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is well into production now and I must say I am super excited for this sequel! :D

dawnplanetapeslogo.jpg

The official synopsis has been released:
Twentieth Century Fox announced that principal photography is underway on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth’s dominant species.

Andy Serkis, celebrated for his performance in the last film, reprises his role as Caesar.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes also stars Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, Public Enemies, The Great Gatsby), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises, The Harry Potter film series), Keri Russell (The Americans, Mission Impossible III), Toby Kebbell (The Prince of Persia, Wrath of the Titans, Rock N Rolla), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In, ParaNorman), Enrique Murciano (Traffic, Black Hawk Down), Kirk Acevedo (The Thin Red Line) and Judy Greer (The Descendants, Three Kings, 13 Going on 30).

Apes on Horses! Love it!
andyserkisindawnofthepl.jpg

It looks like someone...
*puts on sunglasses*
...drove them ape-shit
By the way, i am really excited for this movie despite my horrible attempts at puns :D

Here is my review from IFDB. Sorry it took so long.

Finally got around to watching this edit and it is just a super cool way to watch the whole darn Planet of the Apes saga in one sitting. (except Battle for the POTA, which is a fairly irrelevant and pointless sequel anyways) BionicBob is rapidly becoming one of my favorite editors. He has a real instinct for storytelling and maintaining the flow. The use of multiple scenes on the screen was remarkably effective in telling the dual stories simultaneously.

I still haven't been able to answer the question I raised in the forum, which was whether the story as it is cut could be made sense of by a novice to the POTA. I tried to get my 15 year old son to sit and watch it, but to no avail. He has only seen this 21st century versions and I wanted to see if he could follow it. If I get this done, I will report back.

This is a short review because I really don't have any nitpicks with the edit. Any nitpicks would be with the source material, outside the control of the editor.

Great job Bob and congratulations. Your creativity and technical acumen are outstanding.

Another keeper!

Fanedit said:
Finally got around to watching this edit and it is just a super cool way to watch the whole darn Planet of the Apes saga in one sitting. (except Battle for the POTA, which is a fairly irrelevant and pointless sequel anyways) BionicBob is rapidly becoming one of my favorite editors. He has a real instinct for storytelling and maintaining the flow. The use of multiple scenes on the screen was remarkably effective in telling the dual stories simultaneously.

I still haven't been able to answer the question I raised in the forum, which was whether the story as it is cut could be made sense of by a novice to the POTA. I tried to get my 15 year old son to sit and watch it, but to no avail. He has only seen this 21st century versions and I wanted to see if he could follow it. If I get this done, I will report back.

Thanks for the review FE. Don't worry, I can not get my 13 year old daughter to watch the original APES, never mind my edit of the series...LOL! Sometimes it takes a while before they are old enough to appreciate the classics...:D

old enough? I was around 10 when I first saw the apes films, one channel had a ape run showing all 5movies + the 5 that they edited together from the tv show and man was I hooked back then :)

steFANedit said:
old enough? I was around 10 when I first saw the apes films, one channel had a ape run showing all 5movies + the 5 that they edited together from the tv show and man was I hooked back then :)

Did you have an iPad to distract you as a child?

Just wanted to THANK YOU to [MENTION=8565]steFANedit[/MENTION] for taking the time to post a review. :)

Man was this entertaining, loved the multi-screens, a really good and original fanedit. Everything started off with multi-screens then when it went to full screen I was blown away. It felt really epic. This is a fanedit that would be perfect to experience in a theater, then have intermission between the two parts.

It was a long time ago when I last saw the apes movies and that mean I've forgotten a lot, but I think the faneditor did a very good job at started out the ?
and he also made part2 less awful, at least as I remember it.

I was really impressed with the dvd menus, looks like a bought dvd. Can't remember I've ever seen fanmade menus looking this good.

In regards to the menu design, I can not take too much credit. I just manipulated the provided iDVD templates. :D

Back
Top Bottom