• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SAGA OF THE APES (4 Planet of the Apes films in 1)

about 40 min into the first disc. masterful interweaving. has definitely kept me from crassmas-related shopping and card-writing.

i would, if i could, show this to gorillas, chimps, and orangutans, to see what they think of it.

Review posted on IFDB:

In his "About This Edit" segment, BionicBob wonders if he has made an edit that can please both Ape fanboys and Ape novices. Well, from what I've read of the other reviews, Ape fanboys are overjoyed with this. I hadn't seen any of the Apes movies (originals) besides the first one. Never saw a second of any of the sequels. (But I own the boxset, I'll take a picture for you if you want.)

So, can the non-Ape-initiated follow the plot? Can they get excited for these movies because of this edit? Does it make one want to watch all the Planet of the Apes films?

YES. YES. YES.

THANKS NEG!:)

It is good to know someone unfamiliar with the APES Mythology can follow and enjoy the story. I was very concerned about this right from the beginning, and really struggled to make the dueling narratives as clear as possible, though many times I really doubted myself. It is reaffirming to hear that the majority of viewers seem to like this alternate take on the Apes.

Trying to get this, but all it's saying is 'Fatal error' on every file. (after if tries to connect 4 or 5 times on each) Hopefully a temporary problem...

Ripplin said:
Trying to get this, but all it's saying is 'Fatal error' on every file. (after if tries to connect 4 or 5 times on each) Hopefully a temporary problem...

I'm getting the same thing. I've certainly been very vocal about my ongoing problems with Mediafire (used with JDownloader.), I wish there was something better out there. Damn, I miss Megaupload.

Try uploading the DLC file to this website and download link by link. I find it works better than the constant errors I get from Jdownloader.

http://dcrypt.it/

Sorry about all the problems guys....

Sometimes I wonder is the problem with MediaFire or is it a compatibility issue with JDownloader?

Often I find when using Jdowloader with MF that file parts saying missing/off line/fatal error even though all the files are online and active. I have to constantly highlight the missing file parts and right click RESUME and 99% of the time this does the trick for me.

Despite these issues, I still prefer to Mediafire for its speed and simplicity. And so long as my paid accounts don't get cancelled...LOL

In regards to the "Fatal Error" message with Jdownloader, from what information I can gather, it probably just means Mediafire has made some change or update, and the folks at Jdownloader have not created a new update/patch for it yet. Hopefully this will be corrected in few days. Some reports I have read suggest Jdownloader 2 Beta works slightly better with Mediafire.

I never use JDown with mediafire anymore. I just use Dcrypt and download manually.

Neglify said:
I never use JDown with mediafire anymore. I just use Dcrypt and download manually.
I've tried that before and it was fine. The experience has been absolutely miserable there before too. It seems to be a timing thing, I guess. (i.e. right time, right place) :p I'm gonna try it before I resort to getting JD2B, especially as it seems like more of an update to the existing JD rather than a standalone program. (I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered on first glance)

Ok, I just found a perfect way to do it that I keep forgetting about: DownThemAll! Just finished downloading the first file at an average of around 1.2 MB/s. :) I did the first one only just to test it. I'll update later to say how it goes with the rest.

I have it set to download 4 files max at once. Here's a pic (cropped a bit so it's not so big) to show what's going on:

dtabb.jpg

I have the whole thing now! :D

downloadthemall is a nice add on.

but how about them apes... ;)

Hey, it's still on-topic because I'm not the only one having problems with JD (and/or Mediafire), which is the go-to system here. ;) I'm sure Bob would appreciate me bringing up another way for people to get his edit.

It is absolutely appreciated Rip! Many thanks buddy!

Here is a cool discussion of the original Planet of the Apes....

Here is the Deleted Scenes featurette from the DVD....

Just wanted to say thank you to Batman... oops, I mean Dwight, for his awesome review.

Seriously buddy, your words mean a lot to me! Thanks!!! :)

Thanks to you for the completely awesome edits! :)

I also just tried to download a few of Bob's edits and got the same fatal error message. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Bob it you see this, never mind my PM... I should have checked here first!

Try using http://dcrypt.it/ to break up the DLC links and download manually. I never use JDownloader to download Mediafire files anymore. See if that helps.

No chance to watch it yet,
I´ll give it a try !!

Thanks for your efforts, looks interesting!!

Back
Top Bottom