• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SAGA OF THE APES (4 Planet of the Apes films in 1)

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review posted @ IFBb:

You know, I used to love my Planet of the Apes boxed set. Any time I wanted to get my Apes fix, I could crack open Caesar's bust, slide out any one of the classic movies, throw it in the DVD player and immerse myself in Apeland. Then bionicbob had to come along with this stupidly awesome fanedit and rendered my boxed set completely and utterly useless. Now Caesar's bust gathers dust: Alone, untouched, unwanted. What was once the proud centrepiece of my DVD shelf, Caesar now sits there, staring at me with dead eyes, wondering what happened to our relationship. I try to explain to him: Bionicbob happened.

I'm sure bionicbob will swear up and down that that this fanedit is meant to be an alternative viewing experience of the Apes universe and in no way intended to improve on the original version. Don't believe a word of it. In the span of 3 hours bionicbob has taken the essence of the Apes universe and created something remarkable. It's that rare moment in the fanediting world when creativity melds with technical prowess to create something truly special. Saga of the Apes is now the definitive entry in the POTA universe and one of the best fanedits I've had the pleasure of watching.

There's not much else to say except you really have to see for yourself the way the time lines are presented, the dots are connected, the parallels are revealed, and how the whole massive Saga is brought together as one coherent piece.

This is an instant classic of the fanediting world and everyone reading this should do themselves a favour and watch it. Now.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WOW!

Adabisi I am speechless.

I really don't know what to say, other than THANK YOU and I am truly happy you enjoyed the experience so much.:)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
damn, adabisi, your review got me all moist. i really gotsta check this out.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hazardxwf said:
What is the password to unrar the files winrar files?

Read the rules and using this site.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
damn, adabisi, your review got me all moist. i really gotsta check this out.

I started the DVD 1 yesterday, it is not just that it is good (to each is own in matter movies.)
it is the fact that it's the kind of fanedit that needed to be done, if you know what I mean (the concept is strong), plus... it is good!
The transitions are all amazing so far. It works so good.
Great job. Will post a review by the end of the week when l watch the whole thing.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started the DVD 1 yesterday, it is not just that it is good (to each is own in matter movies.)
it is the fact that it's the kind of fanedit that needed to be done, if you know what I mean (the concept is strong), plus... it is good!
The transitions are all amazing so far. It works so good.
Great job. Will post a review by the end of the week when l watch the whole thing.

Could not agree with TMBTM more. Having been fortunate enough to see the workprint of Volume 1 I was very excited to see the finished product. Having now seen the final version of Volume 1 I am pleased to say that it is even better and could rank as Bob's finest achievement to date. Once I've finished Volume 2, I'll be posting a review too :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM wrote:
An GREAT fanedit with a very strong concept very well executed.The first volume is simply amazing because movies 1 and 3 are echoing each other the best, IMO;but volume 2 have very strong moments too and makes the overall saga complete.I did not have any trouble following the different stories and my jaw dropped quite often during some very smart transitions.When I'm talking about music I often says: "can you imagine if the Rolling Stones never wrote Satisfaction, or if Deep Purple never wrote Smoke on the Water?Those songs would still be there somewhere, floating in the air for someone to catch them." Well, this fanedit is a bit the same: it had to be done.I'm glad BionicBob was able to make it the way he did.To me volume 1 is a perfect fanedit and the whole project including both volumes is something you NEED to see if you're a fan of those movies.

I want to express a very deep heartfelt THANK YOU for your review TMBTM. To receive such a review from a Fan Editor whose work I respect, marvel and envy, an editor I consider a Master at his Craft, it is truly gratifying. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Toys! Such wonderful toys!!!! :D

"I smell an astronaut!" LOL!:-D

Magna13

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just posted on IFDb:

Wow, just wow! As a longtime POTA fan/collector, I thought I had seen it all...almost to the point of being bored of the franchise. What used to be a yearly marathon (movies and tv series) for me slowly transformed into an "every 3 years watch" and eventually into "well one day I'll feel like watching it again".

Then Bionicbob announced his Saga of the Apes and I paid attention...then watched the two volumes recently and boy! He did it right! I just cannot imagine how many hours were spent into the planning alone for such an undertake. Also, it is well-executed: I personnally did not notice any sound or visual flaw. This new way of watching the franchise is absolutely amazing, it brought back my interest in those movies. I can already say that Saga of the Apes will deserve a yearly watch for me.

I do watch a lot of fanedits and I have to say that regardless of this one being based on one of my favorite franchises, I have to admit it is one of the most original fanedits out there (along with the Jaws sharkploitation edit) as far as originality is concerned.

One more thing: on disc 1, Bionicbob thanks his bride and daughter for their patience...well...please Bionicbob please forward a sincere "thank you" on my part to your bride and daughter for their patience! They allowed me and other people to enjoy a very entertaining 3 hours of your talent and dedication!

THANK YOU!
Eric

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for your very kind words Eric.

This was truly a labour of Ape Love. It is wonderful to hear other long time Ape Fans responding so favorably to this project.:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A big THANK YOU to Last Survivor for his extremely generous review.
I think you made me blush.:redface:

Thanks again mate! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are several different APES timelines theories out there, some arguing linear, some circular, others alternate realities...

Here is link to a nice clear and easy to follow timeline (based on the original Marvel Comics) that does a pretty decent job trying to connect the dots and make sense of the convoluted continuity of the Apes....

http://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/timeline.html

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
watched the first five minutes, and i'm really frakking enjoying myself. :)

i need to watch this with family and friends.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
watched the first five minutes, and i'm really frakking enjoying myself. :)

i need to watch this with family and friends.

Cool.:icon_cool:

It's funny, the original Planet of the Apes films were all rated "G" and aimed at family audiences.

Though I wonder with its violence and bleak social commentary, if it would be marketed the same way today or even receive the same rating?

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts once you have watched the whole Saga. :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the heston character seems to forget (often) that aggressive behavior in front of superior numbers is no bueno.

he seemed so savvy when he was in the spacecraft. :p

lpd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bb this was excellent, loved the new look and take on the saga, I would recomend other editors take a look at this.
Top marks!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching Part 1. Wow. Tour-de-force so far.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SSJ:

Yes, Taylor is his own worst enemy. He claims he has abandoned Earth because he is sick of Man and his destructive nature. And yet, when push comes to shove, Taylor often resorts to the very behavior he claims to detest. It is the nature of the Beast-Man.

IPD:
Thank you sir, very nice of you to say.

Neglify:
Wow! Thanks Neg. Hope you enjoy Volume Two.

:)

Top Bottom