• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sad Flight to the Sun - by Rob Hemmick - CD Available

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok... i've mentioned on here that this was coming, a few times... and here it is.
For those of you who have seen my short films, this is the guy who does all the
music for them.... and as well as doing music for my films, he's also a great
singer/songwriter. He does the music for my films, and I help him produce his albums.

His new album is called "Sad Flight to the Sun". It is a very cool singer/songwriter
type album, with touches of modern/alternative rock. He plays every instrument
on the album, and wrote all the songs. It's a very lushly produced album, with tons
of things going on in many of the tracks... just layers and layers of instruments and
vocals. You'll be hearing new things in there for years.

His new album is on sale on his website (http://www.robhemmick.com) as an MP3 download
for only $5. That's 17 tracks, for a total of 72 minutes!!
The tracks are 192khz MP3 files, and the download is a 97mb zip file.

AlbumCover.jpg

To hear a couple songs off the new album, go to his myspace. (http://www.myspace.com/robhemmick).
The tracks "Play the Games" and "Hang Up Gently" are on the new album.

No FLAC or WAV?
:-(

I like my audio lossless.

very cool to see this. though i agree with GC, lossless would be nice.

well.... first he put up the mp3 version (as currently the vast majority of people listen to stuff on their mp3 players)... and then he's going to get the physical cd album on sale... and also he's planning on putting a higher quality version up. we hadn't talked about what specific format for the high quality one... but i'll have to keep flac in mind. don't know anything about it... is it better than wav?

but yeah.. i definitely agree on lossless audio.... in fact, rob and i had a big discussion at dinner on friday night about how the technology has increased so much for higher and higher quality audio... and yet what we actually listen to (in general) has gone lower quality...... records, 8-tracks and cassettes.... down to cd (which, not being analog, is technically lower)..... down to mp3.... which is even lower... and yet the technology for listening is getting higher lol i really wish dvd audio had gotten bigger... i love those...

but... yes, there will be higher quality versions... maybe you can give me some thoughts on which specific higher quality format to use... a high quality wav.... or a flac

nice. I am very interested in purchasing a physical album if that becomes available.

But also, if he is going to put up a high quality download, I suggest FLAC. The quality is the same as WAV, yet the file size will be reduced. There are other lossless codecs like APE and SHN, but FLAC is getting the most widespread use, and hopefully will become a lossless standard. Think of it as a playable ZIP file. While the actual frequencies aren't altered, the file data is compressed.

And now with programs like foobar, you can tag and organize all your lossless audio files just like MP3s.

well... for those of you who were even remotely interested in this... rob got a player up on his website... and you can listen to the entire album for free on his site.... albeit at lower quality than the mp3 download...

http://www.robhemmick.com

I am listening to this now. There really is some cool stuff on here. A talented guy. Sometimes I hear influences of Ben Folds, other times Radiohead (to just name two). I hope Rob moves a bunch of these albums. Rest assured I will buy a physical copy when that becomes available ;)

ThrowgnCpr said:
I am listening to this now. There really is some cool stuff on here. A talented guy. Sometimes I hear influences of Ben Folds, other times Radiohead (to just name two). I hope Rob moves a bunch of these albums. Rest assured I will buy a physical copy when that becomes available ;)

awesome, throw.. .cool... :) glad you liked it... i'll let him know what you said.
friday he just put up a couple live studio versions of a couple of songs off the
album, if you're interested.... they are just free mp3 downloads.
they are on the media page of his site.

nice!! I am making my way there now to check them out :) thanks lewis

well... for the one or two of you who said you like his stuff and wanted a physical album... Rob's CD is now up for sale on his website for $10.

[youtube:jmuasu7p]

cool!! I will indeed pick one up. Thanks for the heads-up lewis :)

hey... here's rob doing a song live...

[youtube:264n4zlg]

here's rob doing another song live... this time on piano, which is his main instrument... and it shows...

[vimeo:2b0qo6e1]

Back
Top Bottom