• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rumours about a new Batman TV series...

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone heard anything about this? The only rumour I've heard so far is that they want to start a new show after the release of the third Nolan/Bale movie. It would be really great if they finally make a proper Batman series, without the silliness of the old show. A darker, more serious show might be the right thing at the right time for this character.

But I'm troubled by the rumour that they are looking at Karl Urban to play the title role. He's a great actor, don't get me wrong, but he is TOTALLY wrong for Batman...

Comments?

V.

I think I first heard about this a week or two ago. At the time, I had pretty much the same reaction, then forgot all about the proposed series. Thanks for reminding me.

I tend to agree about Urban. If they're determined to cast an Aussie, want an actor who has at least some physical similarity to Christian Bale, and has done a LOT of TV, I could almost see Jonathan LaPaglia in the role. He's in his early forties, but he has a fairly similar profile to Bale, can do a good American accent, and would probably fill out both a tux and the costume pretty well.

Yeah, but I don't think he looks the part though. He is (to quote my favourite movie) "too much twisted steel and sexappeal". When they cast this part they really should think outside of the proverbial box like Burton did when he cast Michael Keaton. At the time it was like: "This guy can't be Batman!", but 15 minutes after the movie premiered no one could imagine anyone else play that role.

A younger Tom Selleck would've be an interesting choice, but this is just fantasy casting...

V.

Don't need a Batman TV show based on Nolan/Bale Batman. There are plenty of other directions they could go with this, but continuing the Nolan/Bale Batman universe is not a good one.

Back
Top Bottom