• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rocky V - The 80's Remix by Last Survivor

On a free account?! (I assume, since you're saying it was weird) Sounds like something messed up at their end and you benefitted.

I did the same thing, and actually Rapidshare has been working that way for me for a lot of things the last weekish.

Yes, free account. Just loaded it up in JD and it blasted through the download :)

Waslah said:
I'll have a full review when I can get around to it, LS, I'm really incredibly busy right now so getting the chance to sit down and share my thoughts in full is...well, not really possible at the moment unfortunately. For the time being I will say it's a tremendous edit, sir. I don't think it's as impressive as Jaws 3 was but I think that might be a problem with the material more so than the work done. I would like to have seen a slightly longer run time - as is it comes across a bit brief - but that aside I was thoroughly satisfied.

Hey Waslah,

Thanks very much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the edit - no problem about a proper review; I know all about being incredibly busy I can tell you! Whenever you get the time is cool mate.

I agree it's probably not as impressive as Jaws 3 Monster, but then that was a monumental project for me and one which I shall probably never repeat - although having said that my next edit is pretty ambitious so maybe I'm teasing a little ;)

As for the longer run time? You're not the first person to say that, but to be honest I'm happy with the length simply because I feel I cut the material which needed to be excised for the edit to work and whilst 82 minutes is undoubtedly short, I hope it works well enough to not spoil the enjoyment.

Oh, and hey TMBTM - thanks for your review on the main page - much appreciated and glad you had a blast watching it.

Ripplin, how you getting on with the download? (thanks for the heads up about my signature!)

LastSurvivor said:
Ripplin, how you getting on with the download?
I tried JD again and got blazing speed. Weird. Maybe they're doing some sort of promotion.

Now I just have to get some DVD-Rs. I was at WalMart earlier this evening and didn't think of it.

Rocky V The 80's remix by Last Survivor 80's review

it's been a long time since I've seen Rocky V, it's the film that came with the box set that I never had any intention in watching and the general feeling I had was that it is the weakest in the series. While this edit may improve a lot that was wrong with the original film I still found it to be a pretty bad film. The character of Duke is just a Don King rip-off while Tommy Gunn is for me the weakest villain in the Rocky series. And I do believe this is Sly's worst performance as Rocky Balboa, he's almost impersonating the character that I know and loved. The edit it self is extremely well done, I didn't notice any obvious cuts, while the only thing that stood out in terms of a scene that had been removed was when Rocky mentions Duke before we've had the chance to see just who he is.

the problem I have with Rocky V is that there is nothing memorable about the film, with Rocky I it was all about the underdog story, Rocky II had Rocky running with the kids running behind him, the double knock down and we still had a great villain in Apollo Creed. Rocky III introduced the world to Mr T and Hulk Hogan while Rocky VI has way to many memorable moments (I consider it to be one of the best worst movies of all time) while Rocky Balboa was made at a time when Sly's career reflected the character of Rocky. Last Survivors edit certainly gives us something memorable in the form of 80's soundtrack, which complements the edit making it seem a more natural follow up to part VI.

One thing that stood out for me was just how everything occurs within a short time span, most notable the character of Tommy Gunn who appears to have a 22 unbeaten streak within a very short period. It's very noticeable when after the last fight he has with Rocky as his trainer to his title shot match this seems to happen within a week. This is more of a problem with the film than it is with the edit but maybe a couple of title cards here and there showing that time has moved on would have helped, but that would of course would ask the question why his son never ages

Overall this edit is well done and I'm glad that it gave me the chance to watch Rocky V again, however I find myself in a strange situation that I enjoyed the edit but didn't enjoy the film. All I will say is that if your like me, your copy of Rocky V has never been used then this edit is a great excuse to watch Rocky V again. I've briefly listened to the commentary track in which Last Survivor gives an entertaining insight as to the changes he's made

Hey leeroy... sorry, completely forgot to say thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review.... and the same to DwightFry. Sometimes I'm so useless I tell you!

No worries, LS. Thanks to you for making such a fun edit!

Argh! I was at WalMart twice tonight and forgot to get DVD-Rs both times! :-o (I know I could just watch it on my computer, but I'm not big on that)

Ripplin said:
Argh! I was at WalMart twice tonight and forgot to get DVD-Rs both times! :-o (I know I could just watch it on my computer, but I'm not big on that)

I hear you Ripplin. I rarely watch an edit directly on my PC.... unless I'm feeling lazy one Sunday morning and stay in bed with a nice cuppa :D

I used to feel the same way, until I bought a laptop with an HDMI output.

Just finished this masterwork. Great job. The one Rocky movie I always hated... And I LOVE all of the others. I saw 4 in theater... my first movie going experience...

You went and fixed every issue I had with the original, and it FEELS like it belongs now.

Thanks!!

Dave Furbush said:
Just finished this masterwork. Great job. The one Rocky movie I always hated... And I LOVE all of the others. I saw 4 in theater... my first movie going experience...

You went and fixed every issue I had with the original, and it FEELS like it belongs now.
;
Thanks!!

Hey Dave, many thanks for your kind words. Glad the edit fixed many of the issues you had with the original film:)

Thanks to Neg for his review. Glad you enjoyed it, even if it couldn't rescue the film for you :) I know what you mean about the introduction to the Duke being cut affecting the latter scene in the movie, but for me it was a compromise well worth making to avoid that awful press conference scene once Rocky lands back on American soil.

I agree about cutting Duke's intro, barely missed it being there. Did you try cutting Rocky's line about it when he finds out he's broke?

My sincere thanks to mnkykungfu for writing such an in-depth review on this old edit of mine.  The first new review it's had in 5 years and I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do this.  Glad you enjoyed it ;)

I take on board your comments in reference to the few continuity errors and that perhaps I could have placed more time in-between Rocky IV and V to show how Robert has aged.  However, I must say I'm still proud of the work I did on the street fight - it was way too long in the theatrical cut and although I did cut it back quite significantly, I actually quite like that Rocky wins quite easily :D

Thanks again!

I would really love to see the Rocky V 80s Remix. Does anybody have any information on how to download or where I can find the DLC file?

PS/EDIT: Nevermind - I was able to find it! I'm looking forward to watching it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom