• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rocky - The Series

LastSurvivor said:
youngy94 said:
Here is the new intro that I done, I changed the writing colour from the basic white to black with a yellow outline to resemble Rocky II, I have also moved the titles which were covering faces to the side of the screen.

I have already started working on episode 1 and have cut out some unnecessary scenes, the plan is for this series to be viewed from the perspective of someone that has never watched the Rocky series before, so by cutting out certain scenes a first time viewer wouldn't notice and each episode will look as if that's how it normally is and all the edits will make for a steamlined viewing experience.

Much better youngy!  I like the black and yellow colour change - very nice and as you say, a nice nod to Rocky II.  The placement of the wording is much better too.  I would still implore you to make the "Rocky" title much bigger than "The Series".  Will have far more impact that way.

youngy94 said:
Here is the outro to Episode 1, I put the credits over screenshots of the episode and I have put Eye Of The Tiger as the song. I have almost finished Episode 2, I just have a few more trims to make and an outro to add then that's another episode done.

I have decided I'm going to have two versions of the first fight between Rocky & Apollo, the original and an alternate which I'm going to mix scenes around and rescore with the music from Rocky II, I'm hoping this will make the fight more exciting as after round 2 it pretty much skips all the way to round 13. This alternate version is in no way intended to be a replacement to the original, it's just a different way to watch the fight and hopefully it's as enjoyable as the original.

The outro works perfectly - typically 80's, and nicely done.  All sounds very exciting ;)

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it, I will take your advice and make the Rocky bigger as your right it will have more impact  :)

Wraith said:
LastSurvivor said:
youngy94 said:
Here is the new intro that I done, I changed the writing colour from the basic white to black with a yellow outline to resemble Rocky II, I have also moved the titles which were covering faces to the side of the screen.

I have already started working on episode 1 and have cut out some unnecessary scenes, the plan is for this series to be viewed from the perspective of someone that has never watched the Rocky series before, so by cutting out certain scenes a first time viewer wouldn't notice and each episode will look as if that's how it normally is and all the edits will make for a steamlined viewing experience.

Much better youngy!  I like the black and yellow colour change - very nice and as you say, a nice nod to Rocky II.  The placement of the wording is much better too.  I would still implore you to make the "Rocky" title much bigger than "The Series".  Will have far more impact that way.

youngy94 said:
Here is the outro to Episode 1, I put the credits over screenshots of the episode and I have put Eye Of The Tiger as the song. I have almost finished Episode 2, I just have a few more trims to make and an outro to add then that's another episode done.

I have decided I'm going to have two versions of the first fight between Rocky & Apollo, the original and an alternate which I'm going to mix scenes around and rescore with the music from Rocky II, I'm hoping this will make the fight more exciting as after round 2 it pretty much skips all the way to round 13. This alternate version is in no way intended to be a replacement to the original, it's just a different way to watch the fight and hopefully it's as enjoyable as the original.

The outro works perfectly - typically 80's, and nicely done.  All sounds very exciting ;)
Respectful suggestions:
I know it is just rough, but those cuts will need to sync up with the music. Also, soften the lettering edges slightly, it 70s 80s and you don't want it to look like video overlay (or maybe you do)...a 2 or 3 point drop shadow will help as well. Maybe make the letters just 10% transparent...you won't see much thru at all, but it ties them into the film stock. 
WILD IDEA - Get that Quinn Martin voice IN TONIGHTS EPISODE....

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it, I'll take your advice and implement it into my edit  :)

Here is my edit of the first fight between Rocky & Apollo, I moved around several scenes to make the fight different from the original, I also rescored it with Conquest which is the music from Rocky II and I also added in the round numbers from Rocky II to increase the number of rounds. I feel like I've done a pretty good job as I feel the fight is more interesting and the music is placed at the right time. This edit is all for fun and in no way intended to replace the original or to be perfectly edited, it's just a different way to experience the fight. Feel free to leave feedback on what you think  :)

youngy94 said:

So glad your doing this edit, I had this exact idea a few years ago but just couldn't be arsed to ever go through with it :)

The opening titles are great but just a recommendation, I would try and stick to the same rule I did while creating my Cobra Kai.
I made sure there were no shots where it saw the characters speaking, I just find it a little distracting personally.

And one more thing for the ending, why don't you try and add extra sound effects to the end of the intro, I did this with my opening and I found it worked quite well.

I had a quick go myself at it, feel free to use it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQa33i-sTWh8heSalF7ISYpFOBVboqS7/view?usp=sharing

I haven't posted for a while as I've taken a little time away to do other things, I've been working on this now the past couple days and I'm now up to episode 8, I feel like I've made good progress being up to episode 8, I still plan on going back to previous episodes to make sure there all good before I say their finished.

Here is an edit I've done on the 2nd fight between Rocky & Clubber, I have done the same type of editing as I did with the Rocky edit, I cut scenes from the first two rounds and seperated them with round numbers and put in conquest from Rocky II. Same as I said with my Rocky edit, this edit is all for fun and in no way a replacement to the original, it's just an alternative way to watch the fight.

I haven't posted for a while as I've taken a little time away to do other things, I've been working on this now the past couple days and I'm now up to episode 8, I feel like I've made good progress being up to episode 8, I still plan on going back to previous episodes to make sure there all good before I say their finished.

Here is an edit I've done on the 2nd fight between Rocky & Clubber, I have done the same type of editing as I did with the Rocky edit, I cut scenes from the first two rounds and seperated them with round numbers and put in conquest from Rocky II. Same as I said with my Rocky edit, this edit is all for fun and in no way a replacement to the original, it's just an alternative way to watch the fight.
Not bad at all. Works well with the Conquest music. One thing I would say however is that when you cut to the round numbers all the sound from the arena cuts out with just the music audible. It feels a bit off to me. Personally I would recommend adding in crowd background noise during those parts.

Otherwise, great stuff.

Hi all it's been a minute since I last posted, I've been busy with family and life but I'm back for good now and I have been working on this during my away time and have now finished all 12 episodes. I will be posting over the coming days updates as I would have had I not been away so you can see what I have done and even provide some feedback on what you think

Here is a change I made to the first fight between Rocky & Clubber, as Rocky is getting hit in the corner in round 1 I made a quick transition to Rocky getting hit in the corner in round 2 to make the fight now only go 1 round and to make it look like he gets beaten worse as he only lasts 1 round

Here is a rescore I did to the last round between Rocky & Clubber, I used the Conquest song from Rocky as this is the same version 2 edit where I made the fight go more rounds and added in the Rocky 2 song, so I decided to change the last round song to avoid repeating the same song twice

I have rescored the whole round but this is just the last minute to give you a preview and this to me is the best part of the round with the song

I've made a change to the Creed vs Drago fight to make it so Creed now gets beaten in one round which now makes it look worse that he doesn't even last one round, I made a cut at the start of the clip which transitions from round one to two and also cut out the bloody towel as creed is falling to the ground. So by a simple transition and a few small cuts the fight now goes for one round

Here is the intro to episode nine, just thought I'd show how it differs from my early one as I've cut out Mickie and added in Drago and a few other clips

Interesting project. Regarding rocky iv, you perhaps want to wait for the stallone cut?
He mentioned in his documentary of the recut, that he wil change the fight, because nowadays he feels, that apollo doesn´t get respect by going down without standing any chance.

Just looked through the project thread. I like the idea of this edit. I was wondering why you moved away from the white text for the credits? The yellow and dark are kind of hard to read and don't strike me as being accurate to the style of the times the source content were made in. Wondering if it might also be a good idea to enlarge the font for "Rocky" so it's larger than "the series"? Again, fun project :)

Interesting project. Regarding rocky iv, you perhaps want to wait for the stallone cut?
He mentioned in his documentary of the recut, that he wil change the fight, because nowadays he feels, that apollo doesn´t get respect by going down without standing any chance.
I might come back in the future and redo somethings with the new Stallone cut, but for now I'm happy with everything I've done

Just looked through the project thread. I like the idea of this edit. I was wondering why you moved away from the white text for the credits? The yellow and dark are kind of hard to read and don't strike me as being accurate to the style of the times the source content were made in. Wondering if it might also be a good idea to enlarge the font for "Rocky" so it's larger than "the series"? Again, fun project :)
I might come back in the future and change a few things, but for now I plan on moving to a new project

Here is my last edit I'm going to be posting, here I rescored the fight between Rocky and Tommy with Going The Distance which is the song from the first Rocky, I got this idea from a workprint I saw of the fight which had this song and I feel like it suits better and I prefer this over the original, the only problem I had is that at the end as Rocky is walking away the old song bleeds through as I couldn't completely remove this but I'm still happy with how it turned out and I feel this is the perfect way to finish my edit

I will be submitting this to be put on the website and moving onto my new movie to tv series project of one of my favourite movie series which is the Alien movies

I might check this out. I bought the Blu-ray box set of Rocky I through Rocky Balboa a few years ago for super cheap because I know people love the series but I've never really had a reason to sit down and watch them. Maybe breaking the saga up into 30-minute chunks will make it more digestible for me.

rocky-52198956448c8.jpg

Fanedit Title: Rocky - The Series
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: 14 years in the making, the biggest television event of 2021
Original Movie Title: Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, Rocky V
Genre: Action
Fanedit Type: FanMix
Original Release Date: 1976, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1990
Original Running Time: 535
Fanedit Running Time: 380
Time Cut: 155

Brief Synopsis:
From the mind of Sylvester Stallone comes one of the most eagerly awaited television series in history. Spanning 14 years, we follow the life of an unknown boxers rise to fame, Rocky Balboa, in Rocky - The Series.

The purpose of the edit is to show the life of Rocky Balboa and his rise from nothing to being the champion and all the ups and downs that come with it.

Intention:
I plan on splitting the 5 Rocky films into 12 episodic stories which run approximately 30 minutes each, the intention is to try and make it feel like a TV series. This edit will put a fresh spin on the films and each episode will feature a previously, intro title, end title and a next time teaser as well as each episode ending on a cliff hanger to ensure you can't wait to watch the next episode.

This edit is in no way intended to be any kind of replacement for the films. The hope is that the series will be a fun alternative way to experience the Rocky story.

Episode 1:
Trimmed Rocky vs Spider
Cut Rocky walking home
Cut Rocky at the shop
Cut Rocky getting money for Gazzo
Cut Rocky talking to Gazzo
Cut Rocky going to the gym
Cut Rocky going to the shop
Cut Rocky going to the bar
Cut Rocky walking the girl home
Trimmed Rocky & Paulie walking to Paulie's house
Trimmed Rocky & Adrian on the ice
Cut Rocky & Adrian walking home

Episode 2:
Cut Rocky & Adrian at the house
Cut Paulie getting angry at Rocky & Adrian
Cut Rocky in bed with Adrian
Cut Rocky going to the arena

Episode 3:
Edited & rescored fight - V2
Cut Rocky getting surgery
Cut Rocky & Paulie talking
Cut Rocky talking about contract
Trimmed wedding
Cut Rocky carrying Adrian home
Cut Rocky playing baseball with the kids
Cut Rocky & Adrian walking in the park
Cut Rocky doing commercials
Trimmed Rocky working with the meat
Cut Rocky & Paulie at the docks
Trimmed Rocky & Adrian talking

Episode 4:
Cut Rocky working at the gym
Cut Rocky visiting Adrian at the shop
Cut Adrian at the shop
Trimmed Rocky at the gym

Episode 6:
Cut Paulie at the bar
Cut Paulie smashing the pin ball machine
Cut Rocky freeing Paulie from jail
Cut Rocky fighting Thunderlips
Cut Rockys first training
Trimmed first fight

Episode 7:
Cut Rocky, Adrian & Paulie in the apartment
Cut Apollo watching film

Episode 8:
Cut Rocky coming home
Cut Rocky's son recording him
Cut Paulie getting a robot
Trimmed Apollo talking at the table
Cut Apollo dancing before fight
Trimmed Apollo vs Drago

Episode 9:
Trimmed press conference
Cut Adrian coming home
Cut Rocky driving

Episode 10:
Cut Rocky's press conference
Cut Duke trying to get Rocky to fight
Cut Rocky talking to his son

Episode 11:
Cut Rocky moving stuff inside house
Cut Duke trying to get Rocky to fight
Cut Rocky walking his son to school
Cut Rocky & Robert arguing
Cut Robert leaving the house
Cut Rocky & Robert talking
Cut Tommy driving off

Episode 12:
How can I get the episodes?

Welcome @thefilmsociety , please take a moment to review our rules regarding requesting links. The rules can be found at the top of each page as well as in my signature. Please PM staff with any questions. Thanks

This is all amazing!!! I never even imagined such a thing but now I have it makes perfect sense! I cant believe Old sly hasnt dont this himself after he went back to rocky iv. I was looking for a fan edit of the infamous Rocky v but instead I found this. I cant wait to check it out. Ive just binge watched them all for creed so am excited to see how it all stands up. Though after 2/3 the films are so threadbare on story a 30 mins edit likely is an excellent alternative. Well done on just having this idea!

Back
Top Bottom