• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rocky 4 Re-Edited by Stallone

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw this compilation of videos that Sly put on internet those last weeks and thought it was interesting to create a thread about it.
I like watching Stallone actualy in the making of editing the movie.

(the interesting parts start after one minute of video)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing @"TMBTM".

Just as I was thinking "I am so jealous: Stallone gets to make his fanedit with full access to all the original material", he shows that some of the original material is lost. So even he is limited to use the materials that are available!
Mr Stallone, everyone here on FE sympathizes!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember hearing about this a while back, he said that he was cutting out the robot.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this in the last year.  If studio's can't shoot new movies to put in their vaults, get the old ones back out and dust 'em off.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that is really cool to hear about!  I agree @"TM2YC", get the older films out for updates or recuts by the original directors if they are looking to do one.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seen all these clips separately as Sly released them, but it's great to see them in one place.  I for one can't wait to see this... and thank goodness he's removing that darn robot.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Misread this as "Re-Edited by Stabone."

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who knows, if this does well maybe he'll fix up Rocky 5 next. After all, that's the one that went through development hell and was poorly received (IE: way more deserving of a fan edit than 4).

Pixentric

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder why he insisted on doing 4... IMO 3 and 5 needed it more but a new cut is nice regardless. Wonder if it’ll hit streaming first?

Kreeep

Reaction score
Trophy Points
With Stallone dropping the robot from this new director's cut, what's the point in watching it? Haha :p

red.thx.2187

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw this compilation of videos that Sly put on internet those last weeks and thought it was interesting to create a thread about it.
I like watching Stallone actualy in the making of editing the movie.

(the interesting parts start after one minute of video)

There's a 90+ min doc on the making of Rocky vs. Drago that was posted last week if you wanna check it out:

Pixentric

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Going to see it at Regal with my folks tomorrow night, I liked the original IV as it was but this'll probably be an improvement.

My dad caught II and III during their theatrical runs but not IV, so it should be fun!

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I heard parts of the new cut are good but not all of it and some of the stuff cut need to be put back in I think this is a film that like some other alternate cuts of films need to put back in stuff from the theatrical cut to make the best version of the film.

gracie1979

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I just watched Sly’s directors cut of this film. I must say there are things I like about it but there are things wrong with it as well. It reminds me of Superman II & The Richard Donner cut quiet a bit. I Don’t know if I have the energy to do my own cut anytime soon but I can see this one being fan edited several times over to different ppl’s tastes.

Movies Remastered

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I interested to see how He removed the robot. I think giving Drago too much dialogue will ruin his mystique but Sly mentioned not trying to do that in the making of.

Top Bottom