• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

Rocky 4 Re-Edited by Stallone

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw this compilation of videos that Sly put on internet those last weeks and thought it was interesting to create a thread about it.
I like watching Stallone actualy in the making of editing the movie.

(the interesting parts start after one minute of video)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing @"TMBTM".

Just as I was thinking "I am so jealous: Stallone gets to make his fanedit with full access to all the original material", he shows that some of the original material is lost. So even he is limited to use the materials that are available!
Mr Stallone, everyone here on FE sympathizes!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember hearing about this a while back, he said that he was cutting out the robot.

TM2YC

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this in the last year.  If studio's can't shoot new movies to put in their vaults, get the old ones back out and dust 'em off.

MusicEd921

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that is really cool to hear about!  I agree @"TM2YC", get the older films out for updates or recuts by the original directors if they are looking to do one.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seen all these clips separately as Sly released them, but it's great to see them in one place.  I for one can't wait to see this... and thank goodness he's removing that darn robot.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Misread this as "Re-Edited by Stabone."

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who knows, if this does well maybe he'll fix up Rocky 5 next. After all, that's the one that went through development hell and was poorly received (IE: way more deserving of a fan edit than 4).

Pixentric

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder why he insisted on doing 4... IMO 3 and 5 needed it more but a new cut is nice regardless. Wonder if it’ll hit streaming first?

Top Bottom