• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Robots VS Kung Fu: The Matrix Grindhouse Edition: Analog Demaster Released!

All right, so.  I am including that mockumentary.  It doesn't make sense to withhold relevant content.  If someone's going to set aside the time for a 25GB download, I want to make it worth their while.

Looking at disc optimization stuff... even with all that included, the main feature should have an average bitrate of around 16Mbps.  I figure that's good for 720p?

I won't bother with anything under 16.001Mbps!  :cool:

ThrowgnCpr said:
16 Mbps is more than sufficient.

Much appreciated!

addiesin said:
I won't bother with anything under 16.001Mbps!  :cool:

Also viable!  Especially if the alternate angle thing doesn't pan out.

For what it's worth, looking at the two versions side by side... I'd be surprised if anyone wound up preferring the original release.  But far be it from me to go full Lucas on you all.  I intend on keeping the original out there as long as possible.

Work on the Blu-Ray continues.  Architect throws a fit anytime it tries to render the disc when it comes across old mpeg-2 stuff I tried to include from the original release.  AVCHD re-renders -appear- to be working, though...

matrixgrindhouse said:
Work on the Blu-Ray continues.  Architect throws a fit anytime it tries to render the disc when it comes across old mpeg-2 stuff I tried to include from the original release.  AVCHD re-renders -appear- to be working, though...

Nope.  Still getting Video buffer underflows.  I'm going to see about starting fresh with multiAVCHD.

Nope.  Still getting Buffer Underflows.  It might, maybe, have something to do with some interlaced content? Maybe?  Or is it the sheer volume of extras?  I will investigate.

Okay.  I'm pronouncing the initial Blu-Ray attempt broken and beyond salvaging.  Starting fresh in the latest version of Architect.  Going to build it up with very small incremental updates.  My top priority is getting a stable render with the Demastered version, all three audio tracks, and all special features which contain HD material.  If adding the rest of the SD material results in the same software instability as before, this version will be issued with a second disc in DVD format, which will contain the remaining extras.  Not the most convenient setup, but it's better than nothing.

Progress is progress, I'm itching to see the new "de-proved" version.

... okay.  I got the video underflow creeping up on me again.  Doing some experiments.  I might, maybe, possibly, have identified the culprit as a single short extra.  If I can remove or replace it and get a stable render... hm....

From the ashes!  Successful disc prepare with every single extra feature other than the alternate angle!  ISO backed up and pending analysis.

Any of you brave souls interested in being a test subject?  I lack the capacity to burn and verify this myself...

Okay, folks.  A hurricane is heading my way.  I should be all right - taking ample precautions.  But a loss of power or internet is likely.  I've put a contingency into place.  In the event that I'm out of contact for the next two weeks, @"thecuddlyninja" and @"TM2YC"  have kindly agreed to handle the release of The Analog Demaster.  A high quality MKV, and a Fat-32 friendly MP4 will be made available if so.  Possibly the Blu-Ray as well, if it meets the approval of those testing it as well.

may you and your circle emerge unscathed, dude.

Thanks again, everybody.  We deal with this sorta thing every year.  Haven't had a real problem in over ten.  Let's see if the good luck keeps up!

matrixgrindhouse said:
Possibly the Blu-Ray as well, if it meets the approval of those testing it as well.

Bad news I'm afraid.

I tested the blu-ray in my retail Samsung BR player and VLC on my desktop and they both had the same error. When you select either of the bonus audio options, instead of playing the film with the selected audio track, it briefly jumps back to the audio-menu (Granted, you might have intended this but I assumed not as your old DVD menu didn't?) and then crashes out of VLC and my Samsung player's firmware.

Everything else seems to work fine though, although I haven't tested literally everything from start to finish.

One note on the actual edit (I haven't watched it all yet)... How come the "Our feature presentation" titlecard has not been remastered? (Or even de-mastered with HD film grain and damage?)

Back
Top Bottom