• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Robocop

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Own all three releases?

Here's a cover to keep them all (6-disc case required). This is formatted for a standard-width DVD-cover, which I know is unlikely you'll find (more likely you'll get a wider case). I don't yet have any 6-disc DVD cases (well, except for 24 Season 5 which is standard-width!), so I'll need to wait until I get some so I know what width to make the spine. Enjoy.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool idea. i think i have a template at home for a 6 disc case. will have to look when i get there this evening. Is it even possible to find a standard width amaray 6-disc case? Thats squeezing a lot of stuff in there :)

btw ;) you should enter the cover art contest

UseYourIllusionII

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, it's possible. I believe somewhere there's a link on here that takes you to a website that sells all standard amaray cases that hold up to 8(?) of them.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no they go up to 16

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
16 in a standard width case? seems bloody ridiculous... how do they all fit in there? do you have a link to such a product? i was skeptical of 6

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
btw ;) you should enter the cover art contest
Thanks for the compliment.
btw, I love the cover. You cleaned up that scan very nicely
You bet I did! I couldn't find a RoboCop 3 poster in high enough resolution to use, so instead I used this image (which is very similar):

I actually didn't think it would work because the colours are so messed up (I mean it basically blends directly into the background!) But yeah I'm very happy with the VHS scan too.
ThrowgnCpr said:
16 in a standard width case? seems bloody ridiculous... how do they all fit in there? do you have a link to such a product? i was skeptical of 6
24 is available in speciality standard-width 6-disc DVD cases, but I believe you'll find anything above that (8, 10, 12, 16) would have to have a wider spine.

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That holds 5 discs, not 10 - and I assume you mean the 16-disc cases you've bought have significantly thicker spines, correct? I mean 16 discs stacked are taller than a standard-width DVD case (11 in a stack are the same width as a standard-width DVD case)!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no its 10 1each side 2x5=10

Daniel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read the auction:

Title: 10x 5 Way Dvd Cases Black, 14mm spine, ?6.10 inc P&P

Quantity = 10, "5-way" seems to mean "holds five discs" and "14mm spine" means it's spine is standard thickness.

The item description reads: CD / DVD case holds Five disk - transparent outside pocket/overlay holds a wrap-around paper display card covering back-spine-front. Features push button release for easy disk removal and raised inner lip for protection against distortion.

I looked through his other auctions, and I've found the 10-disc case here:

5 x 10 Way Dvd Cases Black, 28mm spine, ?5.44 Inc P&P

28mm spine = twice as wide as a standard DVD case's spine. I can modify my cover for a spine of this width, but I'd prefer to puchase 14mm-spine cases, if possible.

Top Bottom