• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Robert Rodriguez's Roadracers: The Making of a Degenerate Hot Rod Flick

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For years, Roadracers was the closest thing that Robert Rodriguez had to a 'lost' movie, but it finally came out in the US on Blu-ray and DVD a few months ago, with the bonus features from the laser disc carried over! However, there's still a bit of ephemera that didn't get reissued.

In 1998, Faber & Faber in the UK published a follow-up book to Rodriguez's "Rebel Without a Crew", his diaries from the making of El Mariachi. This book was "Roadracers: The Making of a Degenerate Hot Rod Flick". It's a really great read, much like "Rebel Without a Crew", but very different. It's very interesting to read Rodriguez' reactions to working in the "Hollywood system" for the first time. The book has been out of print for many years and costs a silly amount of money to obtain.

A few years ago, mcfly89 from the OT.com forum got a copy and scanned it. It wasn't a great scan, and using OCR text recognition proved tricky because of the quality of the scan. So I basically didn't work on it for two years after I got the scans.

A few weeks ago, I decided that since eBooks are so prevalent now and I wouldn't necessarily have to preserve the original book exactly as it was released, it would be a good idea to convert it to an eBook. So that's what I did. All of the original pictures from the book are included, although the scans aren't great. The text worked fine, though. I manually corrected all of it and re-typed about 20% of the book.

June 2023 Edit: Incredibly, I still get emails about this, even 11 years after posting! Seemed silly that I had never taken the time to upload this to Archive for anyone and everyone to easily grab, so that's what I did. Download the book at your leisure here. And feel free to email me if you still want to.

I've got ePub and Mobi versions available. Email me at reverendbeastly AT gmail DOT com for the link. (EDIT 4/26/13: I DID NOT create a PDF version of this. I only created ePub and Mobi versions. Please don't ask me for PDF.)

P.S. Hi Mods! Hope this is an okay post and that I've put it in the right place. I'm mostly a lurker nowadays, but I figured some folks here would be interested in this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom