• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - White Snow & No Dr. Wonka

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
charliebackdrop.png

Enjoy the Christmas spirit with a fanedit of the modern movie adaptation of the beloved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl! Faneditor theryaney has made a few changes to this family movie that includes a lengthy colour-correction of the film that portrays snow more realistically, the removal of Willy Wonka's flashbacks and the entire subplot involving his childhood, and also an ending closer to the original book.

This edit is similar to Mr. Lovebucket's Book Cut Edition, however I have made my own changes and kept the narrator, Charlie's factory made out of toothbrush caps, Charlie sharing the chocolate bar, and other scenes. Also, this edit will be in 1080p HD, and also in 5.1 Surround.

Changes:
  • Added fanedit.org intro
  • Added "A fanedit by theryaney" to the opening credits and added title card below Christopher Lee and Blair Dunlop saying "(Excluded)" to fit with the edits made
  • Colour corrected every outdoor scene so the horrible blue snow is now white. Here are some comparisons:
    charlie.png
    charli.png
    charlie1.png
    charlie2.png
    charlie3.png
    charlie4.png
    charlie5.png
    charlie6.png
  • Also colour corrected some of the Buckets' home if it looks too blue to my eyes.
  • Colour corrected scenes of the toothpaste factory
  • Colour corrected the scene in the Salts' home
  • Removed all of Willy Wonka's flashbacks and him being incapable of saying "parents"
  • Colour corrected the Television Room. Here are some comparisons:
    tv1.png
    tv2.png
    tv3.png
    tv4.png
  • New ending inspired by Mr.Lovebucket's Book Cut Edition, and added the track "Finale" from the soundtrack to cover up the transition
  • The narrator is also removed, and covered up using the previously mentioned "Finale" track.
  • Added "The End" title card
  • Added "A fanedit by Theryaney" credit
Original Runtime: 115 minutes
Fanedit Runtime: 101 minutes

Status: Colour-correction completed. Editing 95% completed. 

Release Format: MP4, H264 5.1 Surround Stereo

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
color correction is looking good.
never get when movie makes put weird blue tints on snow, i get its winter scene
but if you go outside things arent blue,
looking forward to seeing this and your awesome cover art.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[quote="Motley']
I have a feeling this was inspired by the Book Cut.
[/quote]

It does say that explicitly in the OP.

I'm intrigued by this project. I haven't thought about revisiting this film in a long time and I haven't seen the Book Cut, either.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is similar to Mr. Lovebucket's Book Cut Edition, however I have made my own changes and kept the narrator, Charlie's factory made out of toothbrush caps, Charlie sharing the chocolate bar, and other scenes. Also, this edit will be in 1080p HD, and also in 5.1 Surround.​

I'm probably going to release this edit very soon, before Christmas. I've more or less finished editing and will be uploading soon.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's my blu-ray cover for this edit:

RoaldDahlsCharlieandtheChocolateFactory.png

(I'm not actually planning a blu-ray though)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After exporting I've just realised how terrible the audio sounds. There's audio pops and weird glitches everywhere. Being the first time I've tried to use 5.1 Surround audio, there must be something I did wrong. Meanwhile, I'm gonna switch to a stereo track I initially edited with before opting for the surround audio.

moviefan95

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely interested in this one. I've always felt that both movie versions of this story had failings in one way or another. The older movie was too light-hearted for my tastes, and also added the pointless Slugworth subplot that admittedly could have worked but didn't, while the newer movie was a bit too twisted and also had a pointless subplot.

Just curious, will you be cutting any of Wonka's "jokes" and "goofy moments?" Some of them were pretty funny, but it got kind of annoying after a while, and some of the jokes were just "weird-me-out" rather than "funny" (such as the cannibalism joke).

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
moviefan95 said:
Just curious, will you be cutting any of Wonka's "jokes" and "goofy moments?" Some of them were pretty funny, but it got kind of annoying after a while, and some of the jokes were just "weird-me-out" rather than "funny" (such as the cannibalism joke).

No, I won't. I really enjoyed this movie as a kid, and I wanted to keep it mostly intact. I also read the book so the idea of Wonka being this weird eccentric person, I went with it in the movie too. However, I might make an actual FanFix in the future.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved. Ever-lasting-gobstoppers all round.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately my internet is going crazy and very unstable, so I can't get the files at the moment. I'm working to get it fixed soon.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything has been sorted out now, and you can PM me for links as usual, or get the edit from info, which has now been updated. :)

P.S. It's FEOTM time, and I'd appreciate a vote. :D

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Raven Faust said:
would love to see this!

Welcome, @"Raven Faust",

[quote="the thing apparently most people don']If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.[/quote]

If you would like an edit, go ahead and PM the editor (me lol) or make a post in the Trades/Requests section. I'll PM you the links if you have the original movie.

James76

Reaction score
Trophy Points
moviefan95 said:
Some of them were pretty funny, but it got kind of annoying after a while, and some of the jokes were just "weird-me-out" rather than "funny" (such as the cannibalism joke).
Agreed. Depp's Wonka is a Cloud Cuckoolander, not eccentric. Gene Wilder at least portrayed Willy Wonka eccentrically, though Wonka being poetic wasn't in the book and was made for the 1971 version by an uncredited co-screenwriter/script editor.

Top Bottom