• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ripping UHD Dolby Vision Question

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this question but Is there anyway to get a uhd blu ray I ripped that uses Dolby vision to display right on all players that can display Dolby vision?

More of an opinion than an answer but Dolby Vision to me is so much more appealing, more vibrant and immersive - HDR always seems so dark. The Apple + streaming service has the best picture out there and looks stunning on my 65" 4K screen. I am afraid i can't say the same for Prime of Netflix 4K

Looks like Staxrip has support for the necessary profiles to maintain Dolby Vision data in both HDR and SDR.

The more popular encoder, Handbrake does not.

@jedimasteranakin I edited your thread title as it repeated your post. Best to give a general topic as a thread title and then elaborate in the post the exact question/content.

Thread moved to File Conversion as this is a question about ripping vs authoring files.
If you are ever unsure of where to post something please don't hesitate to PM staff and we can help with navigating that :)

Back
Top Bottom