• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ripping Subtitles from Blu Ray

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all!

I wanted to start a project that has subtitles. I ripped the movie using MakeMKV and was converting with Handbrake and it's always a 50/50 shot whether I did it right or not.

I would like to just add the subtitles to the movie while I edit it, but I have no idea how to go about doing that and anything I've looked up before hasn't quite worked or I'm just not "getting it".

Thanks in advance for the help!

I use Subtitle Edit (free, currently on version 3.6.6) to extract subtitles from movie files. More on that software in this thread.

The easiest, but not always entirely accurate, way to get the subtitles is to download them from opensubtitles.org. Select the language you want, type in the name of the movie, select a subtitle that matches your framerate, download it.

Regardless which software you use, if your movie has an SRT file the result will be accurate. If you extract a VOBSUB file there is risk that uppercase i ("I") is read as one ("1") or lowercase L ("l"), and that uppercase o ("O") is read as zero ("0"). Recognition software has improved the past few years, but is still imperfect.

Back
Top Bottom