• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Ripping Problems with DVD+Digital Copy

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey I am currently experiencing some ripping problems. I am using cinematize 2 pro to rip from dvds to Mpeg and I must say it is one of the most useful tools, reliable and easy to handle.

But I have experienced problems when trying to rip a DVD from a "Blu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" edition.
Normaly in Cinematize one selects the largest group of files to extract the video from and one can chose the chapters to rip. So usually it is a 6 gig filegroup that contains the movie
With the DVD+Digital Copy there are about 9 filegroups of 3.7 gig which cinematize pro can't open except for one group.

This problem is nothing new, when ripping Lost there were 16 filegroups of the same size, 4 of them contained the individual episodes and 12 were just not readable.
So having more groups that cinematize can't read is nothing new

But
When I opened the one 3.7 gig group which Cinematize could read I had the regular menu, even all the chapters, but for some reason no matter what chapters I select to rip (entire movie or something in between) it only rips a segment of 7 minutes....

I though this was the problem of a specific DVD (Thor) so i tried with another (Cowboys and Aliens) and encountered exactly the same thing... anyone know how to handle this problem?

Is it possible that the problem might be caused by newer file protection? Maybe take a crack at it with DVDfab or DVD Decrypter and see what you can get. I've never tried with one of those editions that you mentioned, so I can't fully say what the problem is. Trying some new software can't hurt, though. :)

My advice for ripping dvds is always DVDdecrypter and Anydvd for the newer protected discs. There really isnt a reason to use anything else. DVD's are already mpeg2 files, however they are in a vob container. To remux the video I suggest vobmerge because it is braindead simple.

A lot of these for purchase software packages are really nothing more than decss and some file copy commands. There really isnt any "converting" going on in the usual sense. The programs just copy streams into different containers and break css.

Back
Top Bottom