• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ripping Blu Ray's with El Capitan - is it possible?

TheBuckIsHot

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking for an external disk drive, so I can rip Blu Rays onto my Macbook Pro. The problem is, I'm running El Capitan, and on every disk drive I look at there's some review saying that El Capitan doesn't recognize it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for hardware AND software that will serve this purpose?

i use a samsung blu-ray drive and one of the pavtube applications for ripping. no probs.

ssj said:
i use a samsung blu-ray drive and one of the pavtube applications for ripping. no probs.

I second this. I'm using an LG blu-ray drive, pavtube bytecopy, and I'm on High Sierra.

I'm using a Pioneer BDR-XD05B and Mojave.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO MOJAVE.

I'm dead in the water. Pavtube, Brorsoft DVDFab.. all no bueno now. 

Once/if I find a ripper I'll post, but whatever you do, don't go past High Sierra.

*edit*
It does look like newer versions are out there but won't have time to test until later this week.

L8wrtr said:
I'm using a Pioneer BDR-XD05B and Mojave.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO MOJAVE.

I'm dead in the water. Pavtube, Brorsoft DVDFab.. all no bueno now. 

Once/if I find a ripper I'll post, but whatever you do, don't go past High Sierra.

*edit*
It does look like newer versions are out there but won't have time to test until later this week.

It's amazing to me how long it takes Pavtube to update to newer mac softwares. I'm staying on High Sierra for that simple fact.

Ryantology said:
It's amazing to me how long it takes Pavtube to update to newer mac softwares. I'm staying on High Sierra for that simple fact.

Weirdly enough, PavTube stopped working for me on High Sierra.  Not sure what happened.  I ripped a full movie one day a few weeks ago, then went back a few days later to get the deleted scenes and they didn't work.  Thought it was a fluke with that disk but turns out it wasn't.  No others will rip either... could be unique to me but wanted to put it out there in case others had the same problem.

MakeMKV works just fine, though.  It's a program to take it from there that I'd need.

Make MKV works like a charm for me usually. Recently I purchased a Canadian Blu-ray of Rob Zombie’s Halloween remakes since it’s the only known HD copy of the theatrical versions I need for edits. Pavtube wouldn’t have it. Luckily both programs seem to work well on High Sierra though. I’ll probably wait til next fall to update to Mojave.

Back
Top Bottom