• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ricky Gervais - Extras

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone watch the show? Just discovered it and i love it, love ricky gervais, hilarious stuff

I love Extras. Funny, ponient... probably one of the best British series I've ever seen. It gets kind of depressing towards the end of season two, but then it comes full circle by the Christmas Special which was the series finale. Overall a well rounded show.

I love the fact that they just made 2 seasons and be done with it, or how Gervais said to Steve Carrell at the Globes "quality not quantity" when promoting the british office

Wow... finished it and what a great ride, the christmas special was really outstanding, superbly acted by gervais, i gotta go order the office :)

I really love Extras. I'm a sucker for anything that Gervais is in, and that series was exceptional. Too bad none of his shows last more than two seasons.

Sunarep said:
Wow... finished it and what a great ride, the christmas special was really outstanding, superbly acted by gervais, i gotta go order the office :)

As much as I love the new The Office, I gotta say the original is in a league of its own.

If you're a fan then it would also be worth checking out An Idiot Abroad where Ricky and Stephen send Karl Pilkington to look at the 7 wonders of the world. Four shows so far and I gotta say I'm really enjoying them. Karl can be simply hilarious sometimes.

Hadn't heard about that one. I've been so f#%king busy. Thanks for the heads up.

reave said:
Too bad none of his shows last more than two seasons.

Actually, it's very refreshing I think. It keeps the material focused and fresh. I wish some US shows would stick to 6-12 ep. seasons and leave after 2-3 seasons. No filler then.

I often struggle with US shows because of their length, I've watched the first season of heroes and 24 but don't feel the need to watch any more. Though the quality of your shows are second to none they do have to much filler for my taste I mean just how many episodes of Lost are relevant to the story?

Gervias use's Faulty Towers as his blue print an excellent show that finished on a high, a lot of British show's follow a similar route like Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Fatherted and The Royal Family to name a few. Often there's only a couple of writers working on the show and the main actors don't want to become type cast

I agree that many US shows are too long and have too much filler. I would much prefer higher quality shows with less episodes scattered throughout the year. Then we could avoid the summer lull of crap.

As for Lost, I do think that's one show that didn't have much filler. I was considering tackling it, condensing it into an extended film (or a trilogy of films), but after watching through the seasons again I think it would be quite difficult.

Back
Top Bottom