• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rick and Morty

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Without a doubt, this is my new favorite TV Show. If "Bob's Burgers" is the new "Simpsons", then "Rick and Morty" is the new "Futurama" and "Family Guy" combined times a million.

Think "Back To The Future" on acid, with a dose of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "Doctor Who" and "The Twilight Zone" and basically every other sci-fi movie/TV show.

I've watched all episodes of Season 1 twice now and Season 2 will be starting at the end of this month. (The first 2 episodes were leaked already and they're awesome.)

Created by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland (who also voices both title characters).

Currently you can watch Season 1 on Adult Swim's website (you can also find all the episodes on YouTube) and the DVD/Blu-Ray is available. Season 2 begins July 26th, 2015.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only just started and it's yet to worm its way in properly. I didn't dig the pilot much, but the second ep was (for me) a big improvement, so I'm hoping it goes from strength to strength.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 6 was the first I saw, then I was immediately hooked and went back and watched all of them in order. This is my new favorite cartoon. Spot on about the description too, Neg. I say Futurama meets South Park whenever I'm trying to tell someone what it's like.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
I've only just started and it's yet to worm its way in properly. I didn't dig the pilot much, but the second ep was (for me) a big improvement, so I'm hoping it goes from strength to strength.

I agree that Episode 1 is kind of weak and that Episode 2 is a huge improvement. Watch through Episode 5 and if you aren't sold after that, there's no hope for you. (Episode 3 is ok, but 4 & 5 are great.)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I say Futurama meets South Park whenever I'm trying to tell someone what it's like.

Yeah I was gonna say that, but South Park is such a unique beast and has yet to turn to crap, so South Park is still the new South Park, in my opinion.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
S02E04 "Total Rickall" is a strong contender for Best Episode Ever.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
PuYvHL5.jpg

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the continuity maintenance in this show is top notch.  each show is it's own encapsulation, but certain plot points and jokes carry over.  the mutated R&M first comes to mind.  late night feeding of my newborn let me get through season one fairly quickly.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 2 finale aired tonight and I quite enjoyed it, except for the fact that it ended in a cliff-hanger. Aaargh.

Because I'm all about rating the episodes of my favorite shows, here are my ratings for all Rick and Morty episodes. Some of the episodes from the second half of Season 2 might get a different rating the more I rewatch them, but these are pretty solid grades for me.

101 Pilot - B-
102 Lawnmower Dog - A
103 Anatomy Park - B
104 M. Night Shaym-Aliens! - A-
105 Meeseeks and Destroy - A
106 Rick Potion #9 - A+
107 Raising Gazorpazorp - B+
108 Rixty Minutes - A+
109 Something Ricked This Way Comes - B+
110 Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind - A-
111 Ricksy Business - B+

201 A Rickle in Time - A-
202 Mortynight Run - A-
203 Auto Erotic Assimilation - B
204 Total Rickall - A+
205 Get Schwifty - A
206 The Ricks Must be Crazy - A-
207 Big Trouble in Little Sanchez - B+
208 Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate - B-
209 Look Who's Purging Now - B+
210 The Wedding Squanchers A-

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Rick & Morty mobile game, "Pocket Mortys" dropped yesterday and I'm having a blast playing it. It's essentially an R&M Pokemon turn-based fighting game.

Gotta collect all those Mortys!

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry
  • 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
  • 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar

Mix ginger, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and sugar in a pan and warm to near boiling.

Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch.

Stir the cornstarch mixture into the soy mixture. Stir until thickened.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom