• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Revolution: A Quest For Family

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zMTlOTa.jpg

Fanedit Title: Revolution: A Quest For Family
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: "Take Back The Power."
Original Movie Title: Revolution
Genre: Action
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 2012
Original Running Time: 430
Fanedit Running Time: 177
Time Cut: 253

Brief Synopsis:
The series is set in a post-apocalyptic 2027, fifteen years after a worldwide blackout that caused all electricity ranging from computers and electronics to car and jet engines, to be permanently disabled. In the years after the blackout, people adapted to this new world without electricity as government and public order collapsed as several areas are now ruled by militias and their generals.

Intention:
I will be taking the first 10 episodes and the second 10 episodes which run for just over 7 hours each and making them into 2 seperate movies of around 3 hours that will deal with the seperate season's storylines in a much more compact way as well as removing any unnecessary scenes to improve the pace and the overall viewing experience. To get each movie to have a run time of around 3 hours I will have to cut around 55% of the season but also keep enough for someone that hasn't seen the show to understand the story, cutting this much will cost some character development but I feel like the story will make up for that. I also find the idea of turning this into a movie interesting and this will be my biggest edit so far as this is my first tv to movie edit.

Main Changes:
Removed intros and credits to all 10 episodes
No more actors names appear on screen
Danny now has minimal screen time until he gets to Noblesville
Danny no longer escapes the militia and doesn't meet Grace
Removed all flashbacks from all the episodes
Cut a few Monroe & Rachel talking scenes
Nora doesn't get stabbed
No Drexel as Nora doesn't need help
Nora doesn't put a bomb on the train
Jason doesn't get beat up
​​​​​​​
Cut List:
Added fanedit netflix & faneditor intro
Cut Ben & Aaron talking when Ben leaves his house
Cut Charlie & Danny finding the van
Cut Ben & Charlie arguing about Danny's asthma attack
Trimmed time it takes for Ben to get shot
Cut Charlie, Maggie & Aaron walking
Cut Charlie, Maggie & Aaron finding the plane
Rescored Miles fighting the militia
Added in Monroe flashback of him telling Neville to find Ben Matheson
Cut Aaron & Maggie talking when Aaron is looking at the computer
Trimmed Miles talking to Charlie when she finds out who he is
Cut Aaron & Maggie talking before the pendant turns on
Cut Aaron & Maggie talking in Lowell before the group arrives
Cut Neville fighting Danny in Noblesville
Cut the group after they buried Maggie
Trimmed the group at the kids hideout
Trimmed Nora & Mia talking
Cut Rachel killing Jaffey
Trimmed the group walking in the tunnels
Cut the group having hallucinations
Cut Charlie having a dream after hitting her head
Added custom credits
Many other small cuts & trims

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now finished cutting all parts together which took about a week, the total running time is 3hr 18mins not including credits which I'm going to make custom ones. I'm going to go over and make sure all my transitions are smooth and there are no hard cuts, then I will have a look where I can possibly make any more cuts to shorten the running time as after I put in the credits it will add a couple more minutes which will put the overall running time a little longer then I wanted.

Here is 3 edits I've made:

I have added in a Universal movie intro to give it a proper movie feel and look

I have trimmed down the time is takes Danny to shoot the militia soldier and the talking before it happens

I have added a flashback with Monroe telling Neville to bring him Ben Matheson which shows his disappointment that Neville failed

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed this series when it first aired, but after a while I got the feeling that the show runners didn't really have a plan for what to do in the long term.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I enjoyed this series when it first aired, but after a while I got the feeling that the show runners didn't really have a plan for what to do in the long term.

Your right about the plan, I enjoyed the first season more then the second as I felt the second dragged on a bit towards the end and the story got a bit weird especially the ending with all the people going to the town.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now been over the entire movie and removed an additional 23 minutes to bring the total running time to 2hrs 55mins not including the credits I'm yet to make, I'm now in the process of removing the amount of times it cuts to black as I counted it happening 35 times which is way to many so I'm cutting as many as I can out and put the next scene straight after and if that doesn't work I'm going to rearrange scenes to make it fit.

Here is a clip of Miles fighting the militia that I have rescored and I think sounds pretty good and suits the scene well, I'm interested in feedback on how it sounds and suits the scene.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now been over the entire movie and removed an additional 23 minutes to bring the total running time to 2hrs 55mins not including the credits I'm yet to make, I'm now in the process of removing the amount of times it cuts to black as I counted it happening 35 times which is way to many so I'm cutting as many as I can out and put the next scene straight after and if that doesn't work I'm going to rearrange scenes to make it fit.

Here is a clip of Miles fighting the militia that I have rescored and I think sounds pretty good and suits the scene well, I'm interested in feedback on how it sounds and suits the scene.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
youngy94 said:

I have not seen the series at all so as an outsider the clip works really well!
it sounds good and it fits the clip
Good job!

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dawnrazor said:
youngy94 said:

I have not seen the series at all so as an outsider the clip works really well!
it sounds good and it fits the clip
Good job!

Thanks for the feedback :) that's excactly what I was going for was someone that is new doesn't know that it's been rescored

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now been through the entire edit and reduced the fade to blacks from 35 to 8 which helps it flow better, the 8 I left it I feel like that suit the scene so I kept them in. I have now put in my custom credits which now brings the total run time to 2hrs 58mins which is just under how long I planned on so it worked out perfectly. So with this running time I have cut around 55% of the first 10 episodes but I feel like I have kept the story intact and it will be easy to follow for a first time viewer. I am now going over to see if there's any other scenes that I can rescore then I will be finished this edit and I will move onto the second half of the first season.

Here is the original credits then my custom credits which give it more of a movie feel as the original ones you can tell it's a tv show, the credits are roughly done as it's my first time doing my own credits but I'm happy with how they've turned out.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now been through the entire edit and reduced the fade to blacks from 35 to 8 which helps it flow better, the 8 I left it I feel like that suit the scene so I kept them in. I have now put in my custom credits which now brings the total run time to 2hrs 58mins which is excactly how long I planned on so it worked out perfectly. So with this running time I have cut around 55% of the first 10 episodes but I feel like I have kept the story intact and it will be easy to follow for a first time viewer. I am now going over to see if there's any other scenes that I can rescore then I will be finished this edit and I will move onto the second half of the first season.

Here is the original credits then my custom credits which give it more of a movie feel as the original ones you can tell it's a tv show, the credits are roughly done as it's my first time doing my own credits but I'm happy with how they've turned out.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now been through the entire edit and reduced the fade to blacks from 35 to 8 which helps it flow better, the 8 I left it I feel like that suit the scene so I kept them in. I have now put in my custom credits which now brings the total run time to 2hrs 58mins which is excactly how long I planned on so it worked out perfectly. So with this running time I have cut around 55% of the first 10 episodes but I feel like I have kept the story intact and it will be easy to follow for a first time viewer. I am now going over to see if there's any other scenes that I can rescore then I will be finished this edit and I will move onto the second half of the first season.

Here is the original credits then my custom credits which give it more of a movie feel as the original ones you can tell it's a tv show, the credits are roughly done as it's my first time doing my own credits but I'm happy with how they've turned out, I just now need to pick some music to go with the credits.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now finished editing this and will be uploading it tomorrow, I watched it yesterday on the big screen and I believe that I have done a great job in trimming just over 7hrs into a 3hr movie and still managed to keep the story intact and it would be understandable to a first time viewer. I noticed a few issues which have been fixed and I have also added music during my credits as well as a fanedit intro which is the first of my edits to have both. Tomorrow I will be moving onto part 2 which will be the second 10 episodes and will conclude the story and I will be aiming for that movie to be around 3hrs.

If anyone is interested in watching my edit feel free to PM me and I will send you the link  :)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might need to reconsider my initial disinterest in this now that you are creating an edit that will make the first season more appealing.

I haven't even unwrapped the Blu-ray that were a gift from my over-enthusiastic girlfriend who found it in the bargain bin some time ago. I've never watched it. Never really wanted to watch it. Don't like Billy Burke. Haven't since he played the overly creepy Phillip Stroh in The Closer/Major Crimes. My main problem with him is that he didn't just kill the nasally, whiny Rusty right out the gate and prevent us from having to listen to him for season after season...oh, the agony.

Your previews entice me to overlook all of that and give it a chance. Well done! Curious to see how it develops.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
I might need to reconsider my initial disinterest in this now that you are creating an edit that will make the first season more appealing.

I haven't even unwrapped the Blu-ray that were a gift from my over-enthusiastic girlfriend who found it in the bargain bin some time ago. I've never watched it. Never really wanted to watch it. Don't like Billy Burke. Haven't since he played the overly creepy Phillip Stroh in The Closer/Major Crimes. My main problem with him is that he didn't just kill the nasally, whiny Rusty right out the gate and prevent us from having to listen to him for season after season...oh, the agony.

Your previews entice me to overlook all of that and give it a chance. Well done! Curious to see how it develops.

That's good to hear that my work is getting you interested in watching this show, the show is my personal favourite it just takes a long time to watch. Once someone watches my edit and if they like it I'd recommend they watch the actually show and see what they think.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will you be offering links to those of us interested in providing feedback prior to academy approval?

Top Bottom