• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Revenge of the Sith - The Spence Edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Now there's a mental image: "So, think you're hot stuff, do you, Nichols? Able to make a decent flick out of Clones, for chrissake? Well, I'll show you. how 'bout I let Michael Bay edit the Mustafar sequence and have Anakin go from totally good to totally bad in a single scene? How'll you edit that, poodoo-face?!"

:)

gaith1 said:
Now there's a mental image: "So, think you're hot stuff, do you, Nichols? Able to make a decent flick out of Clones, for chrissake? Well, I'll show you. how 'bout I let Michael Bay edit the Mustafar sequence and have Anakin go from totally good to totally bad in a single scene? How'll you edit that, poodoo-face?!"

:)

Funny, but true :smile: .

spence said:
I don't know, but I can only guess that it's sort of the epitome of everything the Phantom editor fought. It's like everything he was trying to fix Lucas put into overdrive for the third film. It's full of complete nonsensical BS. And, to be honest, I don't think the Phantom Editor could've made sense of Episode III, as nobody really could.
I think at one point, he said that he had (or was) looking at doing an edit of EP3, but he was pretty turned off by it and didn't know if he could make as good/effective edit out of it as he did with EP1 and EP2.

Speaking of SW edits - spence, how far are you in your "Tragedy of Darth Vader" edit?
Still sounds like an interesting take on the material.

That's something I sort of just plug away at on occasion. It's never been a focus but it's something I play with from time to time. It'll see light eventually.

Just poishing it up. Should be available shortly.

I've been craving a ROTS edit with a commentary track to sit alongside both Phantom Edits, since those have commentary - which makes them even more special. If you could possibly do one for this edit, it would be awesome. If not, no worries, thanks for the edit, anyway, sounds like great stuff. Will DL, for sure. May the Force be with you, always - no Midichlorian "infection", though... :wink:

Yeah I'm actually planning on a commentary for this and my edit of crystal skull. Should be fun! Its always a good time to explain why you edited it the way you did.

I don't know how you're planning to mix the commentary, but there's a really nice plugin for Goldwave called GWVoice that will automatically turn down the film's audio when your commentary comes up, and turn it back up during silences. I use this plugin when I re-author my RiffTrax DVDs. The guide I used to figure out how to use it effectively, you can find by skipping down to step five here.

sounds good! I'll check it out.

It's back! I'm back!

Sorry guys, between work and being sick and moving and girlfriend issues and blah blah blah, I've just not had time for fanediting. Which makes me very sad actually, I miss the community a lot. So I have returned. Some of my projects are getting dropped (KOTCS) and one is going to be delayed for a while (Force Unleashed) but I am going to try and get this one done. It's so near completion it's frightening. So yeah, hopefully you'll see this soon. It is slow going, but it's almost there!

Ok, the edit is done, in the can, finished. I'm in the process of recording the commentary now. I'm doing it in pieces when i have the time, so it might be a couple more days. But it's done, and it will definitely be getting released.

I thought some of you may find this of interest!

Maybe it's just because I also made an edit which removed the "Yoda/Sidious duel", but I think some of the areas where the Yoda segments were removed are rather noticable in that the scene cuts don't match as well as they could (the characters are either moving differently or have changed location inbetween the shots). Also, I think parts of the duel could be trimmed or tweaked further for better pacing and action (some parts slow down a bit, which was a huge flaw in the original cut).

This is my cut of the duel used in my The Black Knight Rises fanedit (perhaps there might be some other ideas you'd like to use in your edit):
[youtubewide:afeq7jg1]

Stupid pointy Jedi saber blades... why, GL, why? :-x :p

Maybe it's just me, but i like having some little pauses in the fight, they're like little breathers. in a 5 + minute scene, you need a moment to stop and let what you just saw fully take effect. I agree on some of the less than smooth transitions though.

I have been tweaking my edit of the fight since i posted that clip, and i might maybe steal a transition or two from you. Thanks for your feedback!

Ok, it is finally completed! I'll put it on demonoid today or tomorrow and hopefully RS will follow shortly.

Back
Top Bottom