• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Revenge of the Sith by DominicCobb:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The opening sets an entirely new tone altogether, back in line with the original trilogy. I got chills as the crash landing came to a close, the ROTJ music fit so perfectly. I enjoyed the film grain as well. Many of the edits are in line with other fan edits, sometimes fixing problems I don't really think are problems, like Palpatine's "do it" scene, or the "You have lost!" lightning stuff, which without it his sudden change of appearance is odd. But, the rest of the lightsaber duel between Palpatine and Windu, especially the beginning of it, is improved. I like the subtle changes to Anakin's turn to the dark side, it overall feels more believable, especially with the removal of the younglings. I think the deleted scenes are essential to Padme's arc and internal conflict, and with the conflict between the Senators and Palpatine. I'm stunned at what was originally removed from both II and III, and I'm glad to see most faneditors putting these scenes back in while excising others. Although I should say a couple of the deleted scenes seemed as though they were difficult to fit in and very rushed, but I don't know that it could be solved with the limited material to work with and I still think their inclusion was beneficial. I really got emotional watching it this go around, which I don't think I really have before, not to the degree to which I was, and that's a credit to the flow and the focus on Anakin and Padme's stories. There are a few awkward cuts, the one that stands out is during the Opera House scene. But, it's to be expected when rearranging the narrative elements and having limited extra footage to work with, so didn't really dampen the experience. I generally like the Yoda/Emperor duel, visually showing the destruction of the Senate and the Republic, however, it really does work better without it and with the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel playing through without any cutaways. Especially hearing the Battle of the Heroes play all the way through. It was seamlessly done. And of course, no high ground line, works much better without it. Padme's death is important to the story regardless of Leia's line in Jedi, and I was glad to see it still there. Overall, I found this to be my favorite of the ROTS fan edits I've seen (admittedly only a handful), and I would love for Episode 2 to be given the same music treatment. ROTS necessarily gets bogged down in tragedy, but I think AOTC could be pulled off as a straight up adventure movie from start to finish, along the lines of the OT with the use of the old scores and some additional cutting from what is the norm for fanedits of that film. Great work! Thanks for sharing!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom