• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Return of the Jedi - Remastered

DMPD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations mate :)  well done, can't wait to check it out

Rax Alder

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Darthrush, 

Congrats on the edit! I PMd you ages ago for a link but have still not been able to download, would love to watch your edit mate.

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rax Alder said:
Hey Darthrush, 

Congrats on the edit! I PMd you ages ago for a link but have still not been able to download, would love to watch your edit mate.

My sincerest apologies. I have tried my best to respond to all PM's and I am so sorry that this slipped through the cracks. Hope you enjoy the edit!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rax Alder said:
Hey Darthrush, 

This is not okay. Please read the rules. 
https://www.fanedit.org/rules/

Do not ask about edit availability on the fanedit discussion boards.

iridium_ionizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
I really wish you had done something with Boba Fett's demise. That is a problem I have with this edit. 

Has anyone else done something believable with Fett's demise?

Some fans with the Boba Fett costume should just film a 5 second shot of Boba climbing out of the sand - perhaps with goo on him or corrosion (from stomach acid) to the armor. This used to be EU canon in one of the books or comics. He slowly fought his way out of the Sarlacc. 

For a 5 second shot I am sure some one could easily color correct it and add film grain to match the rest of the movie. This would make a good mid-credits scene - even though that is not normally a Star Wars thing.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
iridium_ionizer said:
TVs Frink said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
I really wish you had done something with Boba Fett's demise. That is a problem I have with this edit. 

Has anyone else done something believable with Fett's demise?

Some fans with the Boba Fett costume should just film a 5 second shot of Boba climbing out of the sand - perhaps with goo on him or corrosion (from stomach acid) to the armor. This used to be EU canon in one of the books or comics. He slowly fought his way out of the Sarlacc. 

For a 5 second shot I am sure some one could easily color correct it and add film grain to match the rest of the movie. This would make a good mid-credits scene - even though that is not normally a Star Wars thing.

Or 

But honestly I'd just rather Fett not be in RotJ in the first place and several edits now accomplish that nicely.

daraden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess what edit involving Bobba is up to him. Him not being in it unfortunately doesn't make sense, mostly because of the old Expanded Universe where the whole reason he is at Jabba's Palace is because he gets paid to sit around said palace to intimidate people. Him escaping the Sarlaac makes him from the best bounty hunter in the galaxy into a legend.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
daraden said:
mostly because of the old Expanded Universe where the whole reason he is at Jabba's Palace is because he gets paid to sit around said palace to intimidate people.

Who said you have to pay attention to any of the EU?  I certainly don't.

Pompdaddy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heyo! I'm super new to the site and wanted to check out this edit. I don't know how to find it though.  Can I get some help from any of you fine movie watchers?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ducktailjiver said:
I'd like to see this, how may I?

George

I don't think you should ask here mate. Although, the answer to your question is PM darthrush.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Ducktailjiver said:
I'd like to see this, how may I?

George

I don't think you should ask here mate. Although, the answer to your question is PM darthrush.

theryaney's comment is correct. Requests should be conducted via PM's or in the appropriate thread in the Trades and Requests Forum. Please keep in mind that the Trades and Requests Forum is only for edits that have been approved and posted on IFDB. If you have any further questions feel free to PM myself or another of the staff. :)

Johncasti1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was a great edit, It was seemless and very well done. I really loved the way Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's face disappears at the end like Obi Wan and Yoda it really gives it a sense of continuity and it doesn't feel out of place. I think the Jabba palace stuff was done really well although I would have hoped you would cut out the small creature who sits on Jabba's lap as much as possible, his laughs are really silly(I forget the name). I would also have preferred if Boba Fett was cut out, I'm not entirely sure it would work, i know another editor did that but I didn't watch his edit, I just think we don't need Boba Fett in this film at all. One minor thing was I've always hated the Emperor's evil laugh as he walks with Vader, it really takes me out of the scene I would hope someone cuts that out one day. But all in all this is a much better version of Return of the Jedi. I don't like the original ending music so I'm glad you didn't include that. Thanks for this edit. If you ever make another version but with the things I disliked fixed it would be a 10/10 edit, but as of now I'd give it a 9.5/10 lol

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Johncasti1 said:
This was a great edit, It was seemless and very well done. I really loved the way Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's face disappears at the end like Obi Wan and Yoda it really gives it a sense of continuity and it doesn't feel out of place. I think the Jabba palace stuff was done really well although I would have hoped you would cut out the small creature who sits on Jabba's lap as much as possible, his laughs are really silly(I forget the name). I would also have preferred if Boba Fett was cut out, I'm not entirely sure it would work, i know another editor did that but I didn't watch his edit, I just think we don't need Boba Fett in this film at all. One minor thing was I've always hated the Emperor's evil laugh as he walks with Vader, it really takes me out of the scene I would hope someone cuts that out one day. But all in all this is a much better version of Return of the Jedi. I don't like the original ending music so I'm glad you didn't include that. Thanks for this edit. If you ever make another version but with the things I disliked fixed it would be a 10/10 edit, but as of now I'd give it a 9.5/10 lol

Thanks for the compliments on the edit! I am also curious what version of it you watched? I recently did a v3 for it with a restructured third act, less of Jabba's stupid cackling creature, and no boba fett at the sarlacc pit. That might appeal to your gripes you had with the first version.

Johncasti1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the compliments on the edit! I am also curious what version of it you watched? I recently did a v3 for it with a restructured third act, less of Jabba's stupid cackling creature, and no boba fett at the sarlacc pit. That might appeal to your gripes you had with the first version.

Oh really that's great I'd love to see the new version, unfortunately I can only find the version that I watched.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
darthrush said:

Will versions 1 and/or 2 still be available?

Top Bottom