• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Resize mpeg

lordjedi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys,

I'm trying to resize an mpeg file using tmpgenc. The file is a standard DVD resolution file and I'm trying to resize it down to 320x240 (or some variation of that). Everytime I do it, the video ends up with vertical bars running through it. Does anyone know how I can fix this or recommend a different tool for doing the resize?

Thanks

are the bars on the edges (sides or top) or through the video, if they are on the edges you just need to changes the options (check full screen in advanced). Not sure whats going on if the bars are going through the middle of the video

use virtual dub mpeg2.
do the resizing with this program, then launch the frameserver and load the .vdr file into tmpgenc. This should work just fine.
If tmpgenc refuses to open a .vdr file, then save it as ".avi"
But of course tpmgenc can resize too. Don't start with the wizard, Use the settings option to apply custom settings. If the settings are locked, then open the "unlock" template.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Boon. That worked perfectly.

Thanks!

To answer your question Throw, the lines were through the video. Think of an interlaced video and turn the lines 90 degrees. So instead of being horizontal lines going left to right, they were vertical lines, going up and down, all the way through the video. But Boon's suggestion fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom