• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Resident Evil 6 (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just picked up RE 6 yesterday on my sick day and just finished Leon's campaign.

As a hard core RE fan since the first game, I have watched the game progress most drasticly since RE4. Now RE 4 was a masterpiece! The first time we got off the old school tank movement and not only that it gave us an epic story and experance.

RE5 took what made RE4 good and elaberated on it but one main thing that RE 5 forgot was that it was a Survival horror game. But with that being said I played the crap out of RE5 and loved it despite the fact it moved towards more of an action game in that installment.

Now for RE6, From the start you have access to 3 seperate campaigns, and an unlockable forth. Now while i have only played Leon's Campaign I must say this installment tried to keep its new Action backround but also embrace the horror that made the franchise what it is.

With that being said the ONLY real complainst I have so far is the new user interface for switching between weapons and Herbs. That and the fact that the gun store has been replaces by a strange upgradeable skill tree that can only be upgraded during breaks in the game. I.E. Chapter ends or from the title screen.

So all and all i was wondering what the other RE fans feel about this game

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't say I was a fan of the series, I remember being in school way back in 1998 and being damn impressed with the screenshots for RE2. I eventually played on PC two years later (running on a p90 in a window the size of a DS screen) but I did like it. in 1999 on the eve of the Millenium I watched my friend playing a bootleg copy of RE3, he beat it that night. I've eventually played everything in the main series with the exception of Zero and code veronica, I wasn't a fan of 5 but Ii've rebought it on the ps3 for the gold edition which I hope to try and beat in single player (when I played on xbox before I had to play in co-op and rely on my friend mostly knowing what the hell to do.)

I've also got revelations on the 3DS and I am a couple of chapters into that at present (its set before RE5 and centres around Jill & Chris), I kind of stopped playing it to play Zelda: OOT, but I've given up on that and RE is my only 3ds title I have now.

So RE6, I played the demo,. but I only did leon;'s campaign and I enjoyed it but it felt a bit too dark in places, I didn't alter the brightness beyond the recommended setting but maybe I should have... I actually liked that unlike RE5 (and I'm sure its gonna annoy me when I come to play gold) the AI partner actually seemed to not have their own energy bar, ammo resources that need tending to or an inability to hit targets. Which considering the darkness factor was actually rather helpful compared to my 'I can't see anything so I'll just aim and hope for the best' approach. Also Loved the melee initiations, they are the best they've ever been in an RE game and are fun to pull off, Melee in RE4/5 were never useful for smashing heads when enemies turned into Tentacle heads cause it put you at a closer vicinity.

I didn't want to spoil my fun by playing the chris scenario or the other guy though, I'll probably pick the game up used in a few weeks as I already have a credit note for my local trade in store (just got rid of sleeping dogs)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the brightness issues, I have had this issue is most horror games. I think i play with mine somewhere in the 20's.

I will agree that AI of the partners in this game is a massive improvement over RE5. You are correct they no longer require ammo or health. They do go down from time to time. The downside of this is you can no longer get ammo from them and etc.

I forgot if i mentioned they took out the weapon customization and put in skills.

As far as the scenario's, they are not chroniclagal, For instance I'm at the start of Chris's campiagn and it appears to be taking place way before leon's. From completing Leons campaign it appears that all the campaigns seem to intertwin together at differnt places. So each campaign has minor spoilers for the others.

For instance i have not played Jake's story yet, but there was a MAJOR FUCKING SPOILER in Leon's campaign regaurding Jake.

But so far alot of fun

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave up on the series after the horrible (for me) RE5. After 5 mins I wanted to throw my controler to the tv. Horrible controls. It felt that I was controling a tank, not a person. And I also hate this movie like, action oriented new direction. Nothing from the horror roots of the series that made me like it back in the day. There is nothing left from the RE I used to like. The series is dead to me at this point

Top Bottom