• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Reshoots for Fanedits

DantheMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anybody know of fanedits for which the editor actually shot/reshot scenes for the edit? The only one I can think of is PixelJoker95's upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi fanedit. That's some true passion and dedication.

Do you mean with actual actors?

I can think of several that have recreated or made new VFX scenes (some of the Star Trek ones redo entire battle and establishing shots).

I believe Adywan has shot footage for at least one of the Star Wars Revisited edits. I also think The Warlord shot some footage of themselves for one of their edits.

If this counts, @Hal9000 used his voice to replace that of the medical droid at the end of Labyrinth of Evil, my favourite Revenge of the Sith edit: since it is my go-to version of Star Wars Episode III I cannot recall what the original sounded like!

Yes, I filmed some additional outdoor scenes for a Trek edit, a good number of years back.

In hindsight, I should've stuck to long shots and shots where my face wasn't showing.

The lighting didn't fully match, and the material needed film grain.

I also think it went on a bit too long.

But it was a fun self-indulgent experience, largely done because the edit featured my favourite episode.

If Lucasfilm ever makes that Rogue Squadron movie, they should include a character that only has a few lines and cockpit shots... and then they could set up an installation in the Disney parks where fans could re-film those bits, and get their own personalized Blu-ray copies of the movie featuring their own cameos. Heck, while they were at it, it surely wouldn't be much trouble to add a few briefing room shots, too. 😀 (More musing along this line of thought here.)

Last edited:
If Lucasfilm ever makes that Rogue Squadron movie, they should include a character that only has a few lines and cockpit shots... and then they could set upan installation in the Disney parks where fans could re-film those bits, and get their own personalized Blu-ray copies of the movie featuring their own cameos. Heck, while they were at it, it surely wouldn't be much trouble to add a few briefing room shots, too. 😀 (More musing along this line of thought here.)
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucasfilm did this at all, and quite frankly it's a legitimately brilliant idea from a business standpoint!

If this counts, @Hal9000 used his voice to replace that of the medical droid at the end of Labyrinth of Evil, my favourite Revenge of the Sith edit

I've seen several fan edits that hired voice actors to do additional Snoke / Palpatine and Kylo Ren lines in the sequel trilogy edits. The droids and Kylo lines are flawless, mainly do to some voice modulations.

The line for that attraction would surely stretch out into the parking lot

With Deepfake and AI voice generation technology this could become a lot more common. I'd expect most people won't go to the effort, though.

Do you mean with actual actors?

I can think of several that have recreated or made new VFX scenes (some of the Star Trek ones redo entire battle and establishing shots).
Those once were amazing. I think using actors can be risky business... it will feel very out of place if you don't nail it just right. It can work though (See Star Trek: Continued)

Back
Top Bottom