• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Requests

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dig!  I would love if you could keep fine tuning your cover art for the edit.  

My suggestion is to let the space breathe a little more, add a small figure of Warren/Angel flying in the background, just below the title.  Have Wolverine’s figure pushed back a bit, fading a bit under his back, push Magneto a bit more to the back as well and Xavier just next to him, instead of Scott.  If you could bring the blue tint to the same saturation  and tone as the one on the DofP cover reference you posted and oversaturate Jean’s dress, it would be wonderful.  Maybe, to remove some unnecessary “weight”, the Phoenix image behind Jean could go too.  Having Magneto higher up with Charles next to him would allow Jean to have her own little center space without being crowded, cleaning the cover even more.  I have some ideas regarding the placement of other characters on the back too, when you get to it! 
These are simply my suggestions, but go with your own too, obviously!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like that idea, Canon.

Meanwhile, here is my full cover:
Artboard_Copy_11.jpg

(That is a JPG file because ImgBB can handle only less than 16 MB, but here is a GD link of the full thing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZYr6HrNVIHa1ZDYmdwRzZLMlU/view?usp=sharing

I am still excited for Dig's cover though. ;)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow!  Amazing. Thank you @"theryaney"!  
I love it, the only thing is Jean’s face on the cover’s spine… you could either place it correctly or remove it entirely, all the same!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What do you mean? I'm confused. 

Disc cover:
disc.png

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, amazing.  Jean’s face on the cover’s spine is higher than it should be.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's supposed to be based on this. (Storm's face)

Although there is a number here so, perhaps I'll change it if you like.

max1159966362-front-cover.jpg

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see.  Yeah, you should probably lower it, and if you can, remove the Blu-ray symbol on the back, as the fan edit is only in mp4 DVD quality.   Thank you!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is wonderful.  *If* you really want to go out and challenge yourself one last time you could add he blue tint to the desaturated elements on the cover, but please, only if you wish so.  You have done more than enough!  :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since Ryan went with the saturated look, I decided to stay with the DOFP look with massive desaturation.

Draft 2​
canon-editor-xmen.png

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the cover.  It’s closer to what I was thinking.  I still feel the characters on the front to be amassed together, with too little a space to “breathe”.  I would still try to have the cover a darker blue, more in tone with the reference you found, and have the charcters not grey but with shades of black, just like on the Days of Future Past - Rogue Cut  cover, with Jean’s dress oversaturated.  I don’t know if it’s possible, but I’m throwing other ideas out there. :D

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I'll go with this one. Tinting it would be way too much work.

Again, nice work Dig!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a slightly more saturated cover. I'm not sure what you mean about the breathing. The image it's based on takes up more space than the adjustments I've made. As to the the color, the blue looks pretty similar in tone to my eyes when compared with the reference below. Again, this is for a Blu Ray. Feel free to adjust it however you want.
canon-editor-xmen1.png

x-men-days-of-future-past-the-rogue-cut-steelbook.png

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That looks really nice. Dig, if you wanted to match the "The Rogue Cut" font it's Eurostar Extended Bold for me.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
That looks really nice. Dig, if you wanted to match the "The Rogue Cut" font it's Eurostar Extended Bold for me.

Good to know. I used Throw's Bank Gothic suggestion and then overlayed it to thicken it up as the bold function didn't work. I'll probably leave this one as is for the time being and focus a bit more on completing my two 90% finished edits  :rolleyes:

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
theryaney said:

Good to know. I used Throw's Bank Gothic suggestion and then overlayed it to thicken it up as the bold function didn't work. I'll probably leave this one as is for the time being and focus a bit more on completing my two 90% finished edits  :rolleyes:

Can't wait for RoR by the way. ;)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome.  Thanks.  I see where you went comparing them side by side.  Thank you!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I just picked up a copy of Caprica on Blu-ray from Sweden since it was only ever released on DVD in America. The Swedish discs have English audio and menus and the cover is partially in English, but I'd like it to be completely in English. However, I don't have any kind of Photoshop skills so I was wondering if anybody might be willing to help me out with it.

capricasleeve.jpg

I'd like to make the following changes
  • Remove the two age ratings on the front cover
  • Replace "NORDIC 8304160" on the spine with the Syfy logo
  • Replace the four Nordic language summaries on the back cover with this, adapted from the Season 1.0 and 1.5 English language DVD releases:
    The Battlestar Galactica phenomenon continues with this undeniably compelling look at where the real conflict between humans and the Cylons began…in a vibrant world remarkably like our own: Caprica. Fifty-eight years before Battlestar takes off, two powerful families – the Graystones and the Adamas – find their destinies irrevocably intertwined after a devastating explosion. As both houses struggle with the line where humanity ends and artificial intelligence – the Cylon race – begins, they’ll face off in a battlefield of corporate conspiracy, murder, sexual politics and family backbiting. As mankind wrestles with the question of what makes one human, it seals its own fate of certain destruction. Alliances are made, secrets are revealed, and lives are forever changed while the conflict between man and machine takes shape and the seeds are sown for the inevitable, brutal clash between the newly-born Cylon race and its human creators. From executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick comes this highly anticipated prequel starring Golden Globe nominee Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales.
  • Keep the last last line of the Nordic summaries, which translate into English as "This complete collection includes all 18 episodes."
  • Add this cast picture in the top-left corner similar to the other DVD/Blu-ray releases.
    caprica-poster02.jpg
  • Remove the UPC and Nordic ratings, moving the other icons and list of features down into that space.
*Merged with requests*

This is cake for me, if you can get the full nordic text for the back.

Top Bottom