• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rendering problems

YunaFire

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The editing was fun. Now my Premiere Pro CS3 is being increasingly difficult in rendering.

First render I used DV AVI; came out 24gb after 4hrs. Fine, all good. Used AutoGK to convert it to a more size-appropriate file (around 1gb or so). Took five hours to convert and the end product had sync issues that weren't present in the DV AVI. Odd.

Second render was straight to xvid. ...Yeah that lead to fail. Great sync, but horrible visuals. Odd blurs, picture distortion, whole nine.

Right now I'm attempting an uncompressed AVI, but I fear I lack the space (only have 60gb available on my usb hdd).

If that fails, I'll likely see if I can somehow use VirtualDub to mix the two previous renders. Audio from second attached to the first.

But I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on PremProCS3's rendering? What's the best method, etc?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dont use premiere, but i am pretty sure that you can frameserve from premiere the same way as from Vegas. You need to download and install demugmode frameserver, and then you can serve it to an encoder like TMPGEnc or CCE.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
instead of letting the editor do the encoding, you let a high quality encoder do it (like CCE or TMGenc). To be able to do this, you need to install a frameserver, a little program that delivers frame by frame the movie data to the external encoder.

Top Bottom