• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rendering Picture Sharpness Problem

Stoferman87

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I was working on a FanEdit about a year ago called Halloween: Revenge of Laurie Strode, I used Vegas 7, and I never rendered it, just saved it as a .veg file. My computer crashed so I had to buy a new one and now I am starting from scratch, I got the first draft of the film done, and I want to render it in High Quaility (picture and sound), but whenever I render it the picture looks crappy with pixels everywhere, I've tried .WMV9, .AVI, and .MPEG2, am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help?

thanks!

you can also click "custom" on the "render as" screen, once you've selected your mpg type video output... and change the bit rates.... with a pretty high bitrate... vegas will render pretty well. not as good as a 3rd party encoder, but decent.

do a short 20 second test, and see what you think...
go into the video settings... and under the bitrate settings
make the "max" number 8,000,000
make the "avg" number 7,000,000
and make the "min" 6,000,000

if your source files are high quality, that should look pretty darn good.
you might not be able to use that high of a bitrate on your final render, depending on
the length, but use a bitrate calculator to see how high you can make the bitrate and still have
your movie fit on the disc. if you're using a DVD9, you might be able to get away with the above numbers,
even on a normal 2 hour movie.

any questions, let me know.

EDIT: My Wing Commander edit was rendered with vegas' encoder... take a look at it to see the quality that vegas' encoder is capable of.

Back
Top Bottom