• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Removing music the easy way!

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, hear me out. I found a great way to easily remove audio tracks and seperate voices! ( or vice versa )
First you use this AI to seperate the voices from the audio:

So I tested all the AI models and I had by far the best voice extraction results with the bottom option called Demucs 4 HT!

Now the voices can sometimes sound not quite right

Then you use this ai program by adobe (free to use) to turn it into studio quality!

Results vary, but so far I've had mostly succes to different extends!
For the uninitiated you can also remove all voices from 5.1 audio tracks this way! Simply export each mono track and upload them seperately. Voila, voiceless 5.1 audio WITH effects (using Demucs 4 HT). Name them in the correct order and put the files back in the 5.1 track in your editing software!

Last edited:
mvsep is a fantastic tool. Been using it for a while now. I'll have to check out the adobe program. Thanks for the heads up!

Awesome, the first part was just that, part. This is the other half of the puzzle we needed.

Tried that on one scene that I thought can't be succesfully "un-scored".
Well, I was wrong :)

It will be included in my upcoming Mortal Kombat edit. It is Shang Tsung's line:
"Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Deadliest of enemies. But slaves under my power." There was music playing loud in central channel when he said it.
I am re-foleying this whole scene (and many more) for complete re-score, but needed dialogue lines intact.

So I tested all the AI models and I had by far the best voice extraction results with the bottom option called Demucs 4 HT!

Just checked out the adobe podcast tool. I think this works great for when you have background noise left in the mix. I've been able to produce center vocal tracks that are very comparable to the podcast app results. Nice thing is that you don't have a time limit to the conversion like with mvsep.

Hey all!

I've heard that there are AI tools to remove the backing music from a track. Have you tried them on movies — do they work?

Hey all!

I've heard that there are AI tools to remove the backing music from a track. Have you tried them on movies — do they work?
#staff
I merged your thread with this one. The search function can be used to find answers and existing threads on this topic.

After removing music from whole Mortal Kombat movie I can confirm these are in fact very helpful tools.

It was even possible to succesfully remove music from scene from Mortal Kombat trailer, the one with dialogue: "You can't run from me, Shang! - I dont need to run", this is amazing :)

That being said, a whole lot of SFX rebuilding was still necessary in several scenes.

Last edited:
That being said, a whole lot of SFX rebuilding was still necessary in several scenes.

In my experience, there are a lot of good tools for pulling out dialogue from tracks soaked in music. But the SFX almost never fare well enough to use. It's the dialogue that can't be replaced though, so thank goodness it can be isolated!

Ok, hear me out. I found a great way to easily remove audio tracks and seperate voices! ( or vice versa )
First you use this AI to seperate the voices from the audio:

Now the voices can sometimes sound not quite right

Then you use this ai program by adobe (free to use) to turn it into studio quality!

Results vary, but so far I've had mostly succes to different extends!
For the uninitiated you can also remove all voices from 5.1 audio tracks this way! Simply export each mono track and upload them seperately. Voila, voiceless 5.1 audio WITH effects (using Demucs 4 HT). Name them in the correct order and put the files back in the 5.1 track in your editing software!
I've been using the Music Rebalance option in the iZotope RX8 Audio Editor for extracting dialogue in music heavy scenes and was always quite happy with the results. It also lets you separate an audio track into dialogue, music and SFX tracks with very decent results.

But this combination of tools sounds too intriguing not to try out, thanks!

Worked for me just now.
Weird, this is what I'm getting.
MvjOd6e.jpg

BAh6Tm8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom