• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Removing items from backgrounds

Phase3

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all,

Are there any highly recommended software programs that can remove objects (both static and moving) from backgrounds in films? My software (PowerDirector 14) can do it, however I'm not 100% happy with the results thus far.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers,

I have done this in Davinci Resolve using the clone function in the Fusion paint tool.

And here is a tutorial I used to figure it out:

Hey mate,

Thanks very much for that! I appreciate the link too; I have been thinking for a while now that I should upgrade my software, and have heard good things about Davinci Resolve.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom