• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Remove Freckles and Blemeshes with Photoshop

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In this tutorial I will show you some really easy techniques to remove freckles and blemeshes from a photo using blurring, blending modes, and layer masks.

Go from this
frecklepicscreenshot.jpg

to this
screenshot8.jpg

First save this picture and open it in photoshop
frecklepicscreenshot.jpg

Then duplicate the layer and hide one so you have a backup copy.

Now on your image add lens blur by going to filter>>blur>>lens blur and use these settings
screenshot1.gif

Here is what that looks like
screenshot2.jpg

Now duplicate your original layer that has freckles and move it above your blurred layer.

Add a layer mask to it by hitting the layer mask icon or by going to Layer>>Layer Mask>> Reveal All
screenshot3.gif

Once you do that a little icon will pop up beside your layer
screenshot4.gif

Now grab a soft brush with the color black and I am using the size 35px.

Now zoom in and paint away all the freckles. Try to leave some of her facial lines in tact.
screenshot5.jpg

If you mess up and remove something you don't want removed just hit x on your keyboard to make your foreground color white and you can paint back in what you removed.

Here is what I have after I am done removing the freckles
screenshot6.jpg

I think that looks pretty good but I think it looks a bit too fake for my liking. So all I will do is dupliate the original layer again and move it right below the layer with the mask.
screenshot7.gif

Now I will just use a large eraser brush and erase certain parts of the image and leave a few of the freckles so it does not look totally fake. I will use a 65px soft brush for this.

And here is my final image
screenshot8.jpg

Oh look, AvP knows how to cover up the acne on his Facebook picture! :lol:

I tend to favour the healing tool for blemishes, as it helps avoid the more obvious blurring of certain areas. It's a bit harder for freckles, as there's so many of 'em, but a quick test run...
freckles.jpg

AvP said:

PSP12 has a remove blemish function that works really well on things like this.

Ghostcut said:
Oh look, AvP knows how to cover up the acne on his Facebook picture! :lol:

Sorry GC i dont think this would remove your BIG nose :p

Back
Top Bottom