• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Reddit user Edits Entire Uncharted Series into 3 films.

I haven't watched the g1orkatsos' links yet, but morphinapg could use a bit more of editing there... I haven't had time to watch them all fully, but, for example, Uncharted 3 - the section where kid Drake tracks Sully, it's all kinda pointless and boring to watch and could be REALLY trimmed, or cut out entirely. The same can be said about other gameplay sections that I saw.

Although I'm sure he put a lot of work and effort into all that.

Finally, a reason to delete the longplays I've had on my PC. I don't like watching gameplay unless I'm playing the game myself, just condensing to the story with a little gameplay (to transition what would be otherwise disjointed cutscenes works for me.) I'll check out the reddit links I don't want to watch the episodic playlist versions.

Neglify said:
I usually stay away from g1orkatsos links.

sausage_links.jpg

Great, saves me the trouble of having to do it myself. This was another thing that kept going through my head :)
Three down, Man of Tomorrow still to go :lol:

I don't see the point of editing games to movies like this. The cut scenes are very cinematic and the acting is great, but you're either going to have gaps in the story where the game play was, or have to use game play footage in the edit. If you go with the latter, then you might as well play the game or watch someone else play it. Also the button prompts and whatnot in the HUD are a constant reminder that someone else is playing the game.

I'm not saying that a decent edit couldn't come from footage from a game, but capping a play-through and editing out the fat doesn't make it a movie.

So this guy made three movies with the three Uncharted movies by compiling all the cutscenes with minimal gameplay in-between to tie things together.

I clicked through the movies, watching parts here and there, and it's no doubt that the cutscenes are absolutely terrific, and for the most part this fanedit works.

The editor's gameplay can get a bit distracting however, as he's not exactly cinematic in how he plays. I think if someone wanted to tackle this something like this, taking a little care into the presentation of how they're playing could go a long way.

Anyway, just though some of you might like this.

booshman said:
I don't see the point of editing games to movies like this. The cut scenes are very cinematic and the acting is great, but you're either going to have gaps in the story where the game play was, or have to use game play footage in the edit. If you go with the latter, then you might as well play the game or watch someone else play it. Also the button prompts and whatnot in the HUD are a constant reminder that someone else is playing the game.

I'm not saying that a decent edit couldn't come from footage from a game, but capping a play-through and editing out the fat doesn't make it a movie.

100% agree.

Back
Top Bottom