• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Red Dwarf: Voyage to Earth

Red Dwarf : Back to Earth with Canned Laughter.

Resolution: 720 x 586
Video Codec: Xvid
Audio: AC3
Duration: 1 Hour 8 Mins

Canned laughter starts about 2mins 40seconds in.

Red Dwarf - Back to Earth Complete now with added Canned Laughter just like it should be.

This has taken me some hours to do, I have done for all the Red Dwarf fan's.

I have since watched it again as one episode with the added canned laughter and it makes all the difference.

Althought it was good and worthg watching, now it really feels like the Red Dwarf
we all know and love.

NOTE:- There is a couple of scene's slightly out of sync but not by much. If anyone knows who to fix it please feel free to do so.

My Upstream is slow so please be paitent.

PLEASE DO GIVE ME FEED BACK GOOD OR BAD.... I want to know what people think of my version.

Canned laughter taken from a google search, 15 variations of the same audeince to keep it authentic.

This is on a torrent site I use. Will download and report back. BTW, DVD is scheduled for June.

white43 said:
One thing still puzzles me. Doug Naylor is quoted as saying he'll never make a Season 9, but he will make a 10. He then said we'd understand after watching this. Have I missed something? Was it the stuff that alledgedly happens in Series 9 - as told to Lister by the girls on the bus?

I've got no idea about Series IX. I suppose it must of been about all that stuff on the bus. After it got rejected by the BBC he probably just used the main arc from Season 9 as a back story for BTE. So from Doug Naylor's point of view Serie IX is kinda redundant, but I'm guessing.

re: the pause thing.

wasnt it them just pausing the tape to let you know a commercial break was coming, or at least thats how i read it.

FatherMerrin said:
nOmArch said:
and what was that BIT CRAP readout all about on Krytens doo-hicky? totally didnt get that one.
Remind you of anyone nOmArch :lol:

now ive seen the repeat and PAID attention yes it does :smile:

I wasn't able to see the first airing of each episode so I sat down and watched all 3 back to back on Monday, and I wasn't very impressed.

Was it classic Red Dwarf (i.e. series 1-6) ?

Hell No

Was it as Good as series 7 + 8?

Probably not, it might have been better than the worst episodes of those series but it certainly wasn't as good as the better episodes.

Do I want them to make more Red Dwarf?

No, please God No. I now know why the Movie never got made, there just wasn't a good enough script, it has left me with the same feeling as Indy 4, you have 10+ years to come up with something and this is the best you can do?

There were a few good jokes but mostly it was just embarrassing, I think it shows that the script was originally for only 2 episodes, it felt really slow, maybe if it was cut down to 40-45 min, removing the coronation street stuff, some blade runner stuff and some of the other crap it might be watchable, but I wont be adding it to my DVD collection.

I watched it back to back for the 1st time yesterday & there are some redundant scenes. The 1st scene for example can be cut completely, making the opening the scene the Tomb Stone Scene. The other one is Lister's Toilet Story scene, no need for that what so ever in terms of plot.

It would of been better as a 2 parter. But this has been a problem with Red Dwarf ever since Rob Grant left, Doug Naylor just writes too big a script with too much flab. He just can't help himself, you've only got to look at the 1st three episodes of Series 8, that was another 3 parter. I think he still has illusions of making a movie and so uses every chance he gets to make an extended episodes to practice on.

An edit is obvioulsy on the cards. Personally I didn't like the Comic Store Scene, that was painfully slow & the kids bus scene wasn't very good either.

Overall I think there was as many laughs in it as there was in an average Red Dwarf episode, it's just for every good joke there's a lame one that cancels it out.

I would like a new series but it has to be on the BBC & Doug Naylor has to stop writing mini epics & just go back to short & snappy 30mins episodes. There was some goods jokes in BTE so I don't think the show is finished just yet.

Back
Top Bottom