• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Red Dwarf: Voyage to Earth

i saw a clip today....the giant squid scene looks very funny!

haha FM & White like watching Loose Women :lol:

admittedly so do i and was very very annoyed that i missed the first few minutes :cry:

btw whos the one who presented or at least 'chaired' todays episode? she is seriously fit.

i quite like Denise Welch as well but i dunno whether i should admit that or not.

nOmArch said:

admittedly so do i and was very very annoyed that i missed the first few minutes :cry:

btw whos the one who presented or at least 'chaired' todays episode? she is seriously fit.

i quite like Denise Welch as well but i dunno whether i should admit that or not.

Keh?

nOmArch said:

I hate to break this to you mate, but the clips I saw were on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning, it was the 3 of them without Craig Charles.

Obviously the video below contains SPOILERS
[youtube:3d8sae9a]

But nOmArch thanks for letting us know you watch Loose Women!!! :lol:

oh noes :oops: my secret is out :eek:

they only had Rob and Danny on though but was still pretty interesting.

my thoughts during tonights show.

blue/greenscreen????

has DJJ forgotten how to play Cat?

whats going on with Krytens suit???

I even found myself missing the canned laughter

overall tho, far far better than I had dared hope and can't wait till tommorrow night!

Funny you say that cause it was the Cat who gave me the most laughs. The 1st 15mins were the funniest for me since Series 6. I mean it's been 10 years since the last episode so I'm not expecting Classic Dwarf.

So far I'm happy, I'm not sure a movie would of worked because they always said Kochanski was gonna be in it. This is probably the next best thing to the movie, with the bonus of not haing Kochanski.

From my POV, so far it's funnier than Series 7 & 8 and it could work as the film we'll never have.

yeah i cant say that i was blown away either :( it also felt like a lot had been chopped out unless we're supposed to be somewhat clueless as to whats going on.

and what was that BIT CRAP readout all about on Krytens doo-hicky? totally didnt get that one.

nOmArch said:
and what was that BIT CRAP readout all about on Krytens doo-hicky? totally didnt get that one.

What do you mean?

The way I look at it is that the last funny series was Series 6 & that was originally shown in 1993. That was 16 years ago, so in no way was I expecting to be blown away. Also, I guess I'm used to watching Red Dwarf without the laughter track because I also watched the Series 7 Extended episodes which doesn't have it & practically every comedy I watch has no laughter track, so that didn't bother me either.

It did end a bit quickly but it's perfectly clear this is basically an hour episode that's been chopped up into 3 parts. When it's released as an hour show on DVD without the commercials I think it might improve the experience.

Whether it was great or not I don't think it's tarnished my view of Red Dwarf like the Prequals did for Star Wars.

FatherMerrin said:
Whether it was great or not I don't think it's tarnished my view of Red Dwarf like the Prequals did for Star Wars.
The last two seasons already did a good job of that. ;)

an hour...thought its 3 parts?

Wasn't blown away at all. It's nice to have the guys back though.

Missing laughter track seemed to make quite a difference. And not in a positive way.

It's hard to judge this as a standalone episode cos obviously it's a 3 parter.

Course, it didn't help that it was followed by Gunmen of the Apocalypse, one of the best ever episodes.

Uncanny Antman said:
The last two seasons already did a good job of that. ;)
:lol: So no harm done then.
AvP said:
an hour...thought its 3 parts?
It is. But take into account the adverts and the end credits once the 3 episodes are edited together for the DVD I doubt it'll much longer than hour.
white43 said:
Wasn't blown away at all. It's nice to have the guys back though.
Missing laughter track seemed to make quite a difference. And not in a positive way.
It's hard to judge this as a standalone episode cos obviously it's a 3 parter.
Course, it didn't help that it was followed by Gunmen of the Apocalypse, one of the best ever episodes.
I'm just seeing it as the Red Dwarf Movie we'll never have & hopefully it's a lunch pad for another Series, with a live studio audience. As different as Series 3-6 was to Series 1-2 I just view this special as being as different again.

I mean come on, the bit where Cat said just before he was eaten alive that the last thing he did was "comb his & hair & fainted" that line cracked me up.

FatherMerrin said:
nOmArch said:

What do you mean?

i think it was straight after Katerina turned up, Lister asks Kyrten a question and we get a close up of Krytens hand held device and the display on the device showed 'BIT CRAP' and Kryten says 'you see sir' or something along those lines.

Wow - last nights episode was a tremendous improvement! Blatant Blade Runner rip-off in places that was funny and plenty of allusions to the ninth and tenth series ;)

I wonder if Dave can afford to take the bait?

I re-watched ep 1 again and whilst it is better the second time around - the lack of the laughter track is a bit too much. It winds up feeling very quiet. Maybe there's an edit in this somewhere, joining them all up in a single episode and adding a laughter track.....

Funny you say that cause I really didn't like it. There where some good jokes in the TV Store & I liked the Carbug, but that was about it. The comic book store scene was painful & boring and worse yet Lister on the bus chatting to the kids was terrible. And worse even still there was even talk of Kochanski being alive & maybe being brought back. :x

And what was with that strange pause Rimmer did just before the adds? :-?

But, I did piss myself laughing when the bloke in the TV Store started complaining about Kryten's Psi-scan knowing bloody everything.
nOmArch said:
Remind you of anyone nOmArch :lol:

It seems that people are taking some vary different stances on this special. But, a lot of people are saying that the episodes they didn't like have improved over repeated viewings. I've only watched each episode once & intend to watch them back to back on Monday without the adds. Hopefully that will enhance the viewing experience.

just watched the 2nd ep and I'm really not enjoying the whole 'breaking the 4th wall' angle

And I was confused by that strange pause too

Well, I didn't appreciate the 'gotcha' at the end. Although some scenes in the final episode were great. Lister's dilemma of returning or not I thought was really good....

Before I start I'd like to say I've only watched each episode the once, ie, I'll liable to change my mind.

But, I absolutely loved the last episode. The Corination Street scenes didn't bother me at all & I loved all the Blade Runner stuff, some of which was executed excellently I thought.

I loved it so much the fact Kochanski was in it didn't ruin it. I was slightly disappointed with the recycling of Back To Reality, I think we all had a niggling feeling it could go that way. Then again in Series 6 there was Emohawk - Polymorph II, so a sequal episode has been done before, so I can't grumble.

I'm gonna watch it all again this week without the adverts to see if that changes my mind about the episode. Overall at this moment in time I thought it was good, not great or shit, just good enough. Better than Series 7 & 8, so I'm happy.

Before I start I'd like to say I've only watched each episode the once, ie, I'll liable to change my mind.

I watched Ep 1 again and it was much better. Haven't watched the other 2 again, but I did like the 2nd episode.

But, I absolutely loved the last episode. The Corination Street scenes didn't bother me at all & I loved all the Blade Runner stuff, some of which was executed excellently I thought.
I loved it so much the fact Kochanski was in it didn't ruin it.

Agreed. They nailed that.

I was slightly disappointed with the recycling of Back To Reality, I think we all had a niggling feeling it could go that way. Then again in Series 6 there was Emohawk - Polymorph II, so a sequal episode has been done before, so I can't grumble.

This is what I was alluding to - the 'Gotcha' moment - [spoiler:2svfp0kn]hey, it's all an hallucination.[/spoiler:2svfp0kn]

I'm gonna watch it all again this week without the adverts to see if that changes my mind about the episode. Overall at this moment in time I thought it was good, not great or shit, just good enough. Better than Series 7 & 8, so I'm happy.

I think the same. The adverts were really oddly placed - 6 minutes in? They totally blew the experience in places.

I liked them playing with the 4th wall, it was original. The humour was much more on track...far better than Series 8.

One thing still puzzles me. Doug Naylor is quoted as saying he'll never make a Season 9, but he will make a 10. He then said we'd understand after watching this. Have I missed something? Was it the stuff that alledgedly happens in Series 9 - as told to Lister by the girls on the bus?

Anyway - overall I'm quite happy and now I DO want more 'Dwarf! Doug Naylor/Dave, are you listening?

Red Dwarf : Back to Earth is

approved.png

Back
Top Bottom