• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Red Dwarf: Voyage to Earth

I'm a bit more pleased that it's now 3 eps and not just 2. Hopefully that means we'll get 90 mins which is probably enough to wrap it up.

And.....hopefully this might mean that there's some deleted footage knocking around that might make the DVD..... :D

I didn't read the spoilers cause I don't want to know too much about the plot. Sophie Winkleman being in it is OK for me cause I like Peep Show & she is funny, so that's a safe choice. I do hope she's not gonna be a permanent character but I doubt she will be after the debacle of Kochanski.

Does anyone know for sure whether these episodes are an attempt to wrap the show up? I just get the feeling that if the shows do well a new series wouldn't be too far off.

FatherMerrin said:
I didn't read the spoilers cause I don't want to know too much about the plot. Sophie Winkleman being in it is OK for me cause I like Peep Show & she is funny, so that's a safe choice. I do hope she's not gonna be a permanent character but I doubt she will be after the debacle of Kochanski.

Does anyone know for sure whether these episodes are an attempt to wrap the show up? I just get the feeling that if the shows do well a new series wouldn't be too far off.

I think FM, this might be an attempt to wrap the series up, but who knows....? If it did exceptionally well, Dave could commission more....

if it does well they would be clinically insane to at least 4 decimal places if they didnt commission a new series. and Doug already has the scripts the BBC turned down last year so its not like he'd have a lot of work to do.

even if they only capture half the magic of the early series (2 - 4) it would be enough to get the ball rolling again.

as usual all my crossable bits are crossed.

nOmArch said:
even if they only capture half the magic of the early series (2 - 4) it would be enough to get the ball rolling again.

That's interesting you only went as far as Series 4. Having just watched all the Series in preparation for the new shows (sad I know :smile:) personally I love Series 5 the best (4 being a close 2nd).

1 & 2 were very good, 3 to 5 are TV Classics, 6 for me is excellent but showed signs of recycling ideas. 7 is shit, too many things were agaisn't the Series but that's no excuse for it being so unfunny. 8 is just depressingly poor, by this point the show stopped being the real Red Dwarf for me.

With the new show having no Holly, that's no biggy for me. Holly wasn't needed by Season 3 anyway. I did think he was funny but it seems for this show to work there's only room for 4 main characters.

sadly enough :( i've only seen series 1 and 2... that's all my library has... but i did love what i saw...
i need to interlibrary loan (ILL) the rest....

FatherMerrin said:
nOmArch said:

That's interesting you only went as far as Series 4. Having just watched all the Series in preparation for the new shows (sad I know :smile:) personally I love Series 5 the best (4 being a close 2nd).

its been so long since i saw any proper RD i completely forgot about season 5 with good ol' Mr. Flibble, Demons & Angels and Back to Reality episodes.

oh the shame the shame :oops:

For me, although I liked Season 1 & 2 alot, it was season 3-5 that hit the spot. Six, yea, I still like that, the loss of the ship and Holly made an interesting change....but notably, Rob Grant had exited for season 7, we lost Rimmer and gained the new posh Kochanski. And 8, well, bollocks really - even though Doug tried to make it more like early RD. The writing was poor, the jokes worn and repetitive.

So, after ten years - where will Doug take us now.....? A chance to renew himself? I have tiny concerns, but at least Doug knows that he has 90 minutes to pull off the big one. Pressures on!

And I'm bouncing off the walls excited.... :razz:

lewis886 said:
sadly enough :( i've only seen series 1 and 2... that's all my library has... but i did love what i saw...
i need to interlibrary loan (ILL) the rest....

Lewis886 for the love of god watch Series 3-6, they're British TV Classics. Honestly, I'm not just saying that cause I'm a fan. Series 1 & 2 were a good start but Series 3-6 is where the show went into Classic Comedy Status.

You know I actually envy you. I'd love to experience those classic episodes again as if it was the first time.

You lucky lucky sod. :smile:

nOmArch said:
its been so long since i saw any proper RD i completely forgot about season 5 with good ol' Mr. Flibble, Demons & Angels and Back to Reality episodes.

oh the shame the shame :oops:

Shame on you nOmArch Shame on you. :eek: Mr. Flibble's is terribly upset. :lol:

white43 said:
For me, although I liked Season 1 & 2 alot, it was season 3-5 that hit the spot. Six, yea, I still like that, the loss of the ship and Holly made an interesting change....but notably, Rob Grant had exited for season 7, we lost Rimmer and gained the new posh Kochanski. And 8, well, bollocks really - even though Doug tried to make it more like early RD. The writing was poor, the jokes worn and repetitive.

So, after ten years - where will Doug take us now.....? A chance to renew himself? I have tiny concerns, but at least Doug knows that he has 90 minutes to pull off the big one. Pressures on!

And I'm bouncing off the walls excited.... :razz:

I agree with everything. 8)

FatherMerrin said:
You know I actually envy you. I'd love to experience those classic episodes again as if it was the first time.

You lucky lucky sod. :smile:

aint that the truth! ive been trying to watch a few choice episodes tonight but so far ive only managed two as as soon as i start watching an episode i realise i can pretty much replay the whole thing in my mind :(

oh for a strategic memory wipe...

I think - Dave is trying to replay episodes up to the present - or at least, I got an episode - where Kryton is seemingly retired tonight - maybe they're playing in order.....

Another new pic.....

Group2-465.jpg

Katerina-465x386.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

***NAUGHTY POSH TOTTY ALERT***

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

She was dead naughty as Big Suze in Peep Show....

Hubba Hubba.

How naughty exactly...

oh dear lord let there be leather and suspenders involved.

well.... i did actually fill out an ILL (interlibrary loan) form for series 3... so hopefully i can watch that one soon :)

nOmArch said:

Cant beat a bit of "NAUGHTY POSH TOTTY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a teaser trailer on DAVE,cant wait!

ONE more day to go!!!! :grin:

Whoa Whoa :smile:

I've seen some footage on the TV & I was happy with what I saw. It basically looks like a movie which is fine by me as the movie is never gonna happen so it looks like this is gonna be the next best thing. I also now know the plot & it's a bit different from your average Dwarf episode, but as the main cast is just the original four I'm still positive about this weekend.

ONE more day to go!!!! :grin:

Whoa Whoa :smile:

They had Robert, Danny and Chris on BBC and aside from showing new footage, they gave away MAJOR spoilers.

[spoiler:36khtpse]It's something to do with them returning to Earth, to Coronation Street(where Craig is himself AND Lister) and discovering that Red Dwarf is a popular series....ooooohhh ouch, are the 'Dwarfers imagination come real?[/spoiler:36khtpse]

Back
Top Bottom