• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Red Dragon: Desserts Served With Your Main Course

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An extended alternate cut. About 6-7 minutes longer, this reintegrates most of the deleted, extended or alternate material. This helps strengthen the relationship between Will Graham and his son (which in turn makes the climax all the more powerful), shows us more of Will Graham's analytic mind, Dolarhyde's madness (including the excised "Red Dragon Voiceover" by Frank Langella), Dr. Chilton's tactlessness, and snips out Lloyd Bowman's reading of the decoded message to heighten the tension of what it might say as Will waits to hear it.

I personally liked this film. While it's not nearly as great as Silence, I give props to Ratner for at least trying to capture that film's mood. So once again pull up a chair to the dining table and enjoy this last soiree with Anthony Hopkins in the role that made him a household name.

From the menu:
In 2005, ADigitalMan (to his own surprise) won the OriginalTrilogy.com fan-edit contest with
an entry called "Hannibal: Desserts Served With Your Main Course." That fan edit was
essentially an extended edition of the sequel to "Silence of the Lambs" with some alternate
cuts and some custom touches that hopefully improved on the notorious theatrical version.

Two years later, ADM has taken on the well-intended prequel "Red Dragon." This mostly
extends the film and makes use of a couple alternate ideas, including the excellent Red Dragon
voiceover by the inimitable Frank Langella, and, in the interest of adding suspense, drops
Lloyd Bowman (the always-excellent Ken Leung) reading the decoded message.

Please be sure that if you've obtained this, that you also have the official release of "Red
Dragon" on DVD. As always, these fan edit projects are intended to be an educational
"what if" scenario and are in no way intended to supplant the official release.

And, as always, enjoy!

P.S. Way cool bonus stuff in the DVD-ROM folder.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so you consider this rather a true fanedit than an extended edition?
Pretty cool btw.

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good point ... this probably belongs in the Extended Edition section.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and there it is :D
I am looking very forward to it. I think it was a good movie. It had its problems of being a bit not impressive enough, of having a to old Hannibal Lecter and of being not cruel or shocking enough, considering the incredible book it had.
What the book so masterfully managed was to make Francis Dollarhyde a guy to pity, to have even some kind of sympathy. Neither MANHUNTER nor RED DRAGON as movies were able to get there.
But the biggest problem of RED DRAGON was IMO that it could have been so much better. Even though it was good, it remained a bit unsatisfying.

bigrob

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADM's Hannnibal was my very first fan edit for me!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RS available via linktalk

Bingowings

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a related, though admittedly off topic note the RS archive for Hannibal DSWYMC isn't opening for me.

I notice that there is an exe file in there, I'm trying to open it on a Mac so will this get in the way?

All the rars are there but I'm getting 15 errors on attempting to unrar.

As I posted recently elsewhere RS isn't something I'm very familiar with so please forgive my unfamiliarity with the formats involved.

If this is not the place or manner to ask these sort of questions please let me know and I will remove or adjust any queries like these in future.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
try renaming the exe to rar and if that does not work, use a USB stick to carry the files to a friend with a windows computer.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, that .exe is probably a self extracting .rar file.
I would think that any Mac unrar tool would extract it though.

If boon's suggestion doesn't work, I believe that rarlabs has the mac command line unrar tool for free.

Bingowings

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the fast replies.

I managed to get it to open a friends computer but it's password protected.

Any further help would be gratefully received.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it seems to have a password. I would enter that. And I would look where I got the links, maybe it is posted there.

Merrin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is sadly not online anymore - the RS links are gone. :/

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NCfanboy said:
Does anyone have a copy of this edit?

Welcome,

the long rectangle at the top said:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

@"NCfanboy", do not request fanedits in the forum. Requests must always be made in the Trades & Requests forum.

Top Bottom